American McGee’s Alice gets 2011 release date, gets first teaser

Monday, 2nd November 2009 06:20 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Alice

EA’s quietly released a trailer of the remake of American McGee’s Alice, alongside the release of a teaser site that went live at the weekend.

The end of the teaser trailer shows a 2011 release date for the return to Wonderland for the PS3, 360 and PC.

Find it after the jump, courtesy of Big Download.

1. Johnny Cullen

I never played the first one, but from what I have heard, this one seems to be one to keep an eye on for me.

2. Blerk

Creepy!

I’ll certainly be keeping an eye on this one. Just in case it jumps me while I’m not looking.

3. JonFE

The original sure had its moments with its twisted view of Alice’s world. I’ll keep this one on the radar, if only to see whether McGee still “has it”, because according to reviews at least his later output was not up to par.

4. satsugai

I never really played the original very much, my mom loved it though so I’ll let her know about this.

5. SplatteredHouse

Woohoo! I was wondering when we’d next see this.

6. Daodan

Aw bah, 2011. That’s way too far away. Last I heard they were aiming for a late 2009 release, although I should’ve known that was probably a bit optimistic. Great to see something new on this all the same, even though that teaser doesn’t tell us that much. Hope it’s not the final artstyle, though. Tihi.

7. No_PUDding

I was wondering too. Shame it’s so far off.

I want to see it in action! This might be what I expected of Epic Mickey, not only visually, but in terms of gameplay.

And even more than that, it’s got the cool subversion of a famous childrens charctyer to be somethign darker.

I am down for sure.

8. Phoenixblight

Sweet I have been waiting for announcement of this for age. They just kept putting this on the back burners because of funding. I am glad that have finally got it atleast announced.

9. Daodan

Appears it was fake. Ah well. Here’s to hoping for a 2010 release then.

10. Gekidami

Whats fake? The actual teaser?

11. Blerk

Yup. Seems it was fan-made, not official.

12. Ashelia Bnargin Dalmasca

Well, whoever made it, they should get hired for animation and art direction, stat!

13. Gekidami

Looks like it was done in stop motion. Not very helpful for video games.

14. Ashelia Bnargin Dalmasca

You mad? A stop motion art style game would be fucking awesome!