Sky Player pulled from Xbox 360 until technical issues fixed

Tuesday, 27th October 2009 20:13 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

360sky

Microsoft has pulled Sky Player from Xbox 360 after an “unforeseen technical issue,” and hopes to relaunch the service tomorrow.

“The Sky Player on Xbox 360 service did successfully launch early this morning, it has subsequently been suspended due to an unforeseen technical issue,” read a statement from the publisher. “With so much excitement and interest in the service, we’d much prefer to ensure that our customers enjoy the highest possible quality of service.

“We would like to take this opportunity to apologize to our customers who have attempted to access the service today. Sky Player engineers are hard at work to resolve the problem – we expect to have the full service available tomorrow.”

There ya go.

Via GI.biz.

1. Psychotext

Someone no doubt already found a way to get it for free. :P

2. Yoshi

Can anyone say I.D.I.O.T.S?
    Maybe they should have tested it first

3. BeastModeYMOB

@funny u say that…i know some ppl who was talkin about that today.

4. Santa Clause

“Can anyone say I.D.I.O.T.S?
    Maybe they should have tested it first”

Uuuuh… they did?

These sort of thing happens all the time. It can be very difficult if not impossible to gauge an online product’s performance when it goes live to the public. This is completely natural, and they’re no doubt doing everything they can to fix it.

5. theevilaires

Troll:

(Definition 1) A desperate pathetic O’coward looking for attention by going around quoting everyone and not attending to one’s own need by improving their shit site.

(Definition 2) “the fake” Santa Clause

6. reask

Yeah I phoned MS earlier and they said 24 to 48 hours before its up.
    Shit happens I suppose.
    I am looking forward to trying out the free month.
    Internet speed may be a problem for me.
    Broadband is crap in Ireland.

7. Bulk Slash

That would explain why it just kept giving me error messages and pointing me to a non-existent help page then…

8. onyxbox

yeah, the technical issue is called UK broadband… it’s shit!

9. renegadegd

if you have already downloaded it then u can still access it by going:

Account management>Download history>Sky player>Play.

it seems to be working, im watching sky news right now.

10. Dannybuoy

Since becoming a new Sky+ HD owner a few months ago, I can totally see this happening. Sure the service is good, but it took me about 2 months to get my broadband set up (lack of engineers) and when the pony Amstrad +box broke it was another 2 weeks for an engineer to deliver a new one. Basically when it works it’ll be cool. But just expect some long waits!

11. darthmahon

Oh dear. Not surprised though, the Sky HD software is quite poo at times, things forget to record and lots of random crashes if it’s left on too long. Not quite sure why I pay £50+ a month.

12. reask

I just logged on to live and it updated.
    I still see nothing when I go to vid market place.
    Is it the same for anyone else.?

13. Psychotext

Supposedly it was oversubscribed…

(supposedly)

14. 47

sky player is free all you need is a sky id

i got on to sky player on the 28 oct 09