1. pracer

That looks good, I understand thats UK only right? What does something like cost? Is it per show, monthly or something else? Thats almost as good as Netflix.

2. Mike

I’m waiting for the Canal Digital team-up for Europe. Although I’m sure Scandinavia will be the last to get it. If at all.

3. Patrick Garratt

It’s UK-only, yeah.

4. pracer

*grumble. Looks good tho.

5. Enkeixpress

I was hoping for alot more Sky channels then that! lol

.. Hopefully, Xbox will keeping adding more & more until we’ve got the entire library of all the channels available on Sky TV .. Including BBC One, Why isn’t that on there already? wtf :D

6. renegadegd

im hoping all those channels will come for £15 max, but i have a feeling they will rip us of as much as they can. probably have to pay extra for the movie and sport channels.

7. reask

That is impressive imo.
    Buffering a bit of a bummer but really cool overall.
    I wonder how much. /{:

8. Roybott

if you look at the information panel (at 4:45 in the video) it says:

“Not an existing Sky TV Customer? Subscribe to Sky Player TV and watch TV from Sky on your Xbox 360 without a dish or long term contract”

So basically it looks like it will just cost the same price as the online sky player, well subscribing to the Sky player gives you access to programs/channels on this as well as online.

It says go to ‘xbox.skyplayer.com/subscribe’ for more info, which then requires you to login, so if anyone has a Sky Player account can you go and take a look if there is a price list or more 360 info?

9. freedoms_stain

They seem to be keeping the subscription costs tight to their chests for now.

They’re also bringing this to the Windows Media Center, which is why I’m interested. I’m into Tennis and sky sports have the uk rights to the masters tour, so being able to stream it would be of interest, right now I tend to watch live tennis via bet365 who let you watch without betting and join up without making a deposit, but their player is tiny and can’t be maximised or resized at all.

I have friends with sky and they have dozens of shitty channels they never watch, I don’t want to be paying for that, so I’m hoping for a tier’d system where you can choose a limited number of channels and/or subscribe to on-demand for certain programs. And I mean free choice, none of this ‘package’ shit sky are so fond of.

10. Retroid

That actually looks pretty damned good! A tiny bit light on content (I could do with losing all the sports channels, personally) but what’s there looks *very* nice.

/Is an existing subscriber on Sky BB

11. Johnny Cullen

I see Thom Yorke.

*grins*

Looks good anyways.

12. Detale

Interesting idea, I’m already an idiot Sky HD customer so it’s not really going to add much for me but I can see the sports element in particular being very attractive to people (although chances are they’re already a Sky subscriber too).