EyePet: “Intention is to build something bigger than a single game”

Monday, 12th October 2009 19:33 GMT By Patrick Garratt

eyepet5

EyePet dev lead Nic Doucet’s told VG247 that EyePet is merely the “beginning” of a franchise, and that more games based on the IP will be released in the future.

“For us, it’s the beginning,” said the developer, speaking in a phone interview last week.

“We’re creating a franchise. We’re hoping to really rally a lot of support and have a big success.

“The intention is to build something bigger than a single game.”

The first EyePet game, which releases on October 23, features a solitary monkey pet thing which responds to your movements via the PlayStation Eye.

Doucet was answering reader questions in a Q&A sessions we’ll publish in the next few days.

1. Syrok

Released on the 23rd of this month? I thought it was coming in November. That’s good news though, I might buy it with my new PS3 than.

2. Gekidami

Yep 23rd of october is what i’ve heard. And next year for the US.

3. sxpacks

I’m thinking PSP content where you can take your pet along with you.

Then for the older kids, you can battle them with other users, similar to invizimals/pokemon/Yu-gi-oh/bakugan or whatever the devil the kids are into….turn based fights

Dynamic themes for the PS3

and add on content ala SIMS.

And use your animal as a LBP character…or use your sackboy as an Eyepet…or as your Home Avatar

4. Redh3lix

I’ve preordered this for my kids *cough*

Looks good. Wonderin’ whether I can kick it when I’m annoyed or when it shits on me rug.

LOL, btw, Psychotext made MCV aswell :D

5. Joe Anderson (wotta)

We have just this second published our review.

Great to hear there is going to be more to this game.

6. Psychotext

@Redh3lix: Pshh… shows what MCV know, I was damn serious! :D

@Joe: Seems you were a lot kinder than EG. Still looking forward to checking this out whatever the reviews though.