Op Flash: Dragon Rising – first 10 minutes of play from the 360 version

Tuesday, 6th October 2009 18:03 GMT By Patrick Garratt

operationflashpoint214

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising shipped today, so we grabbed the first ten minutes of play from the 360 version in celebration. Watch the video after the break.

Our first impressions are thus: there are lots and lots and lots of commands. Still enjoyable, though. You get to bomb stuff, which is always a bonus.

Watch. Then buy.

1. blackdreamhunk

yea well the pc version is way better and the talk of the internet

2. Johnny Cullen

Oh just shut the fuck up.

Seriously. The day you’re gone, I’ll be dancing down the street butt naked.

3. blackdreamhunk

how about no, or is it because the gaming industry hates pc gaming and pc gamers!!!!

you know hilter right he loved to shut people up! it’s called control!

4. David Sarkisjan

Pat, why did you post this? I am working! Never mind.

5. 2mrw

another shooter, joing ur brothers.

6. Gekidami

bet the console version still sells 5 times more then the PC version.

7. blackdreamhunk

wait I have another great link sorry

here is another one

yea I am sure the console verion that is looking bad by theway is going to be such out dated gaming experience

8. Mildrop

Good Stuff, can’t wait.

check the post tags though as Codies won’t be too chuffed

9. blackdreamhunk

yea the whole internet is talking about the pc verion. the game is getting really good reviews too.

10. Seedhouse

Black, at the end of the day – no one really cares.

Those interested in the title are going to buy it for the platform that they enjoy most, disregarding whichever console it looks best on – it’s not important at all.

Would I purchase the PC version because it looks better, therefore meaning that I won’t be able to play against any of my friends on PSN… of course not!

… and btw, the only reason everyone is reviewing the PC version, is because that’s the easiest way for the Developers/ PR to distribute the games code to review sites.

Now quit chatting trash! *points at Black to get back in his box*

11. rainer

You know I suspect BDH is actually a huge console fanboy and his posts are intentionally trying to make PC gamers look bad. He does this sort of thing on other sites not just VG247 uses the same handle.

As for the game could be interesting, I hope they offer a demo version at some point.

12. Johnny Cullen

Thank. you. Alex! :D

13. blackdreamhunk

hahahahaha I find it funny that vg247 is the only place people are even talking about the xbox360 verion.

so far it’s about the tech maxed out that is hot.

they are camparing the ps3 verion to pc at the must. lol

yea I can’t wait to see the cuting edge game play in this for pc gamers lol. I hear there is alot of things in the pc verion that just can’t be done on the consoles.

14. Seedhouse

… and btw, it’ll only look MARGINALLY better on those lucky enough to be able to afford to own high-end PC’s.

I’m happy owning a relatively good PC, alongside my 360, PS3 and HDtv set up thanks ;)

15. blackdreamhunk

yea well I can stand paying over priced games and hardware with huge failure rates that reach into 54% to play games with.

oh yea the graphics is huge difference by the way.

I mean i like to buy just 1 pc for all my gaming needs not like 4 to 8 xbox 360 consoles and ps3.

yea while people are waiting for their consoles to get fixed I am enjoying cutting edge games.

16. Cort

Can we have a ban vote please Pat?

17. blackdreamhunk

yea how is hilter doing these days, i am sure pc gamers all over the world will sread the news!

18. Mildrop

I’m a bit perplexed by the comments here as the post is 10 minutes of the game on an Xbox 360. That is not to say the site owner thinks the game is better on that format he is merely giving his audience a taste of the game ahead of release

I say good on him, oh and agree with Seedhouse quit chatting trash! *points at Black to get back in his box*

19. Seedhouse

*Sigh*

Your opinion holds far too much bias to even be taken into account. Yes, there are levels of graphical detail that are better on PC, but only if you spend £1250+ for the priviledge, as well as having to take into account the need to continue to upgrade within the next two to three years.

I on the other hand have spent £600 on a PS3 and HDtv, can enjoy probably playing the game that achieves around 80% of the graphical quality that an uber expensive PC can and still be able to enjoy the game…

VG247 have posted up 360 footage because that’s what they’ve stumbled upon on the internet, and you know what – the game still looks fantastic, so what’s the issue… you being a PC fanboy…

Whilst you continue to look at lame comparison shots from a PC website, i’ll go enjoy Operation Flashpoint on my PS3 which will still look stunning, and then I might just play Uncharted 2 when it’s out next week… and, oh wait, that’s being heralded as one of the most cinematic experiences in gaming… hang on though it can’t be, it’s not on a PC… jeez -.-

20. blackdreamhunk

oh really I am not the the publisher,media who i spreading pc gaming hate these days.

I mean the whole gaming Industry is good at trash talking pc gaming.

oh and lets not forget the amount of lies

21. Seedhouse

You see, you’re entirely wrong now… there was no trash talking of PC Gaming on VG247, and i’d expect there never would be. The first conflict within these comments was you bashing consoles, so i’m afraid you don’t have a leg to stand on at the minute…

22. blackdreamhunk

I think you the gaming industry has years and history of bashing pc gaming compared to me.

lets take a look at actvision a publisher bashing pc gaming and pc gamers why don’t we.

oh wait your to blind to notice. the gaming media is a joke!

23. ybfelix

People trash talking pc gaming because of YOU

24. ybfelix

Why the strange brown hue in game? Last time I checked our sun is not made of chocolate.

25. Seedhouse

Black, no one is bashing PC Gaming here so why are you going on about it… you aren’t even making sense now -.-

I have no issues at all with PC Gaming, I just have issues with those that try to prove X version is better than Y. My platforms of choice are PS3 and PSP, not as a fanboy but because of the games that I can enjoy on them. I still enjoy playing exclusive titles on both PC and 360, so don’t start making false statements.

26. Psychotext

“I’m a bit perplexed by the comments”

It’s BDH. Don’t even try to understand it, or bother to argue with it… that way lies madness.

27. Gadzooks!

I’ve written ‘ignore’ on both my eyelids. Whenever I see a BDH post I just thrust my thumbs into my eyes and hey presto! I can see no idiotblurt!

28. blackdreamhunk

I am sure news travels billions of pc gamers will be ignored

I am sure big companies and their big bright red numbers will be ingored

it’s lik this I will not sugar caot nothing for people, there is something out there called truth!

truth hurts huh, you dich it out but you can’t take what a joke!waste of my time!

29. mortiferus

blackdreamhunk, you are one annoying Motherfucker! STFU!!! Who gives a fuck about how good it looks on much more recent hardware. Of course it’s going to look better ya Fuckin douchebag! It called technology!!!

30. Suikoden Fan

I’m starting to prefer shatner to bdh, anyway i think this game looks great regardless.

31. Whizzo

BDH and loki should get together, the pro-PC and anti-PC parts of their character would collide and hopefully produce a single more sane individual.

Or they’d be a huge explosion creating a black hole and the world would be destroyed.

Either way it would get rid of both these fucking idiotic people once and for all.

32. DarkElfa

Jeez guys, can we put the F-bomb back in the box as well. you all know that if you feed a troll it will come back just as hungry 3 minutes later. PC’s, consoles, they’re all just computers in the end. PC’s are just the consoles for the do it DYI crowd is all, no big deal. I’m a PC gamer and sure, as mortiferus said, its easy to have something look better on a piece of equipment that costs 6-8 times more than a console and can support a screen that goes higher than 1080p. Its like comparing a Ferrari to a Ford. Sure, the Ferrari is faster and more expensive but you can get all your friends in the Ford and it doesn’t cost as much to repair if something breaks. Ups and downs people, but they all give us the ability to do what it is we really want and that’s to game like smacktards.

I sometimes envy the console crowd. Low start up costs, put a game in and go and nothing to upgrade but I’m a tinkerer and I actually enjoy all the problems and benefits that PC’s come with because lets be honest, I have way too much free time.

33. Grimrita

looks and sounds shit. I dont know but when you run, it sounds like a tribe of Zulus!

34. Blerk

I saw this story on the front page, saw ’33 comments’ and thought ‘I bet BDH posted most of those’. Win! :-D

35. G1GAHURTZ