Western Aion activated pre-orders pass 300,000

Friday, 11th September 2009 12:24 GMT By Patrick Garratt

aion11

NCsoft MMO Aion now has more than 300,000 activated pre-orders ahead of its western launch later this month, Euro MD Véronique Lallier told VG247 yesterday.

“Aion’s starting to achieve nice numbers,” said the boss. “We are over 300,000 activated pre-orders in the West.

“It’s looking healthy. It’s nice and healthy two weeks before the launch… It looks very good at the moment.”

Aion project lead Christian-Peter Heimbach added that the game’s real western test will come post-launch.

“We have a strong belief in the game,” he said. “We know the quality… and we also have hard numbers, as Vero already confirmed. We’re happy to say that we’re really confident.

“The next thing to prove, of course, is that we can keep this up. I think there’s a solid audience out there eager to play a new MMO, so I think we’re on a good path.”

Aion releases on September 22 in the US and September 25 in Europe.

1. Phoenixblight

GIve it 6 months like all MMOs thats where the real test is.

2. SleepingPanda

Except it’s already been out in Korea and China for well over a year now. I seriously doubt this game’s going anywhere. I enjoyed the Open Beta and I’m looking into pre-ordering right now.

3. Phoenixblight

China and Korea have been out of WoW for how many months ofcourse they went to other MMOs

4. ivycrew707

lol at @3…..i really wish i didnt have to do so many up grades to my cpu to get this game

5. endgame

lol @ 4. u can play this one a 4 year old pc but w/e..

and as for aion, we’ll see.. it’s good but not sure if it’s as good as 15euros/month when i can get other games like cod mw2, dragon age origins, borderlands, l4d2 and play them for free post launch..