God of War III demo “unlikely” for pre-Christmas pack

Wednesday, 2nd September 2009 13:13 GMT By Patrick Garratt

godofwarpsp3

All that talk of a God of War III demo being included in the pre-Christmas God of War I and II pack looks to be hocum.

“That is unlikely at this juncture,” John Hight, dev boss at Sony’s Santa Monica Studio, told IGN.

“First and foremost, we want to be able to have this available for this holiday, and we don’t have a demo available yet that we feel is release-ready.

“I know a lot of people played the E3 demo and dug it and everything but, as far as our standards, it’s not ready to go into everybody’s home. So we wouldn’t want to hinder our efforts to get God of War 1 and 2 out.

“We felt like the fans were pretty outspoken as far as, ‘Man, I want to play now,’ and, “I want to play this Christmas,’ so we put the emphasis on that.”

So there you go.

1. Razor

Is this coming out in Europe?

2. Patrick Garratt

Just checking.

3. Chilloid

Just now some user from xboxland.net (Russian site) making Walkthrough Halo 3: ODST.
    Must see.

4. Chilloid

5. Phoenixblight

Chilloid could have sent them an email instead of putting a link to something that is irrevelant to the topic.

I am still getting this with or without the demo.

6. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Well that kinda sucks – I thought generating excitement for GOW3 by including a demo was kinda the whole point. They should at least give buyers a code to download exclusive GOW3 demo whenever they’re ready to release it.

7. Phoenixblight

No rerelease of GOW 1 and 2 will generate the excitement itself and the including of GOW 3 demo was a rumor and with rumors, they usually are false atleast a part of it.

8. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Still, as much as this will surely sell, and I can’t wait to buy it, I think advertising an exclusive access code to future GOW3 demo would help it sell even more.

9. Chilloid

Phoenixblight
    His email?I dunno know.
    Or please send it from me

10. Phoenixblight

Right in the upper hand corner says Send US news

@Ghetto

You know there is always the possibility of doing that with preordering GOW 3 or right before release of GOW 3. The fact that I will be able to play GOW 1 and 2 again with HD Graphics is an instant sell for me especially with this Xmas season being short on games I want.

11. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Instant sell for me as well =) Just disapointed about no demo.

12. Galactic_Barret

Think of it like this: It most likely means a demo will be available to the entire public, without having to buy this. So if for whatever reason you decided not to buy this game, you still have the same chance of getting a demo as everyone else.

13. Dr.Ghettoblaster

I do hope other developers follow suit and we see this HD royal treatment for:

1. ICO/SOTC