Sony’s motion controller slated for spring release

Monday, 24th August 2009 19:46 GMT By Nathan Grayson

ps3motion1

Can you feel that? That’s the Internet doing a backflip, because Sony’s motion wand controller thingy finally has a release window.

“We are slating it for spring of next year,” Kaz Hirai told Times Online. “One of the things is that we just don’t want to put out the controller. We need a great software that supports the controller at launch. It’s something that we’ve been working on for the longest time.”

1:1 sword-poking-people-in-the-neck, here we come!

More through the link.

1. Gekidami

Yep, now i’m REALLY sure we’ll see the first ‘wand-only game’ at the TGS.

2. Razor

That was one of Hirai’s better interviews.

3. theevilaires

yea still expecting holiday 2010

4. Patrick Garratt

Blimey.

5. pha1r

Let’s see here. EU vid store SLATED:Spring RELEASED:November, Vidzone SLATED:Spring RELEASED:July, ps3(EU) SLATED:Winter 06 RELEASED: March 07
    To be honest it dosen’t look good

6. theevilaires

PS3 slated for spring 06: released Holiday 06

Home slated for Holiday 07: released TBD

PS9 slated for 2078: Released when I’ll be deceased :P

7. Dannybuoy

I can’t wait to waggle my wand with my wife in the front room

8. SticKboy

Firstly, I reckon this will be out in time for Easter next year and would lay money on that happening. Sony *need* at least six months clear of Natal to secure headway over the competition.

Secondly, this could well be the very thing that actually prompts me to purchase a PS3. If the games are good, I reckon I’d be able to put up with the PS3′s shitty interface and inexcusable loading/install times.

9. Tonka

I’m really excited to see what sony will come up with. MS have clearly showed us that they intend to go for the minigame crowd. Sony are still an unknown.

10. Psychotext

I can’t wait to get my hands on a pair of Sony dildos.