Paradox Interactive has announced a new expansion for Europa Universalis III called Heir to the Throne.
Expected for a December release, here is what you can expect from it:
- Casus Belli system, where wars have specific goals from start to finish
- Monarchs now belong to dynasties, with far reaching effects on the diplomatic model
- More involving and powerful Holy Roman Empire and Papacy options
- Special diplomatic options for Republics
- Set your National Focus in a province to enhance growth and strengthen your hold in the region
- Permanent Terra Incognita removed and replaced with impassable regions
- Cultural Tradition allows better advisors in the same way that Military Tradition allows better generals and admirals
- Spheres of Influence simulate the Great Game of the major powers
- More dynamic pirates. Issue letters of marque to plague the sea zones of rival nations
- Monarchs need to uphold their legitimacy in the eyes of their subjects
- Many other additions and improvements
Gamespot has three screens featuring the expansion here.
On top of that, Victoria 2, which is an expansion to Hearts of Iron 3, will be released in 2010.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.