Trials HD now Live

Wednesday, 12th August 2009 12:00 GMT By Patrick Garratt

trialshd

Nelson’s confirmed that the excellent Trials HD is now up on Live.

Blurb:

Fasten your helmet…and unlock the full version of Trials HD. This physics-based motorcycle game has over 50 brilliant tracks and amazing HD graphics, in two unique game modes. Customize your rider, unlock bikes, climb global leaderboards, and compete with new in-game friend-scores. With the level-editor, create and share an unlimited amount of new tracks. Trials HD is an experience you haven’t seen before!

Best 1,200MSP you’ll ever spend. Promise.

1. Zarckan

Does anyone know if this is an MS exclusive? IE is it coming out on PS3 at some point?!

2. JonFE

I guess so. MS are promoting it via their Summer of Arcade 2009 event. Quote from the press release:

12 August
    “Trials HD” by RedLynx/Microsoft
    1200 Microsoft Points, 100 percent Xbox LIVE exclusive

Prepare to hear your heart beating in your ears as you attempt the impossible. You’ll hurtle around 50 unique motocross tracks designed to test your ‘Race’ and ‘Skill’ capabilities. If you think you’ve an idea for something even more fiendish, you can create share and download an unlimited number of free tracks with the level editor.

Source: http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/news-features/news/summerofarcade.htm

3. Psychotext

This has been getting some great reviews: http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/trialshd

4. Blerk

I’ve not paid this any attention at all. But now I see it’s a pretty small download so I might give the demo a go.

5. mart

It’s amazing, seriously. One of the most compulsive games I’ve ever played.

6. Robster1979

I’ve just given this a blast for what started out as an hour but soon became two. Its MAJORLY addictive! A true relationship breaker, you just cant put it down, always questing for a faster time or longer distance.

The physics of the game are spot on, it visually stunning and OTT, has varied level designs and the level editor seems straight forward enough (although it may be quite time consuming to make anything any good).

I also discovered that you can look on the global leaderboards at times/distances and then watch a replay of them so you can try and improve your game based on what you see.

AWESOME and well worth the points. (If your not sure give the demo a go, it gives you a good taste of the full game)

7. elronathon

From the trailers I’m almost getting a Trackmania vibe, clearly different gameplay style but seems to have the same appeal…

will definitely check out the demo at the very least

8. Psychotext

Man, it’s ludicrously good. One of the easiest purchase decisions I’ve ever made. :D

9. Robster1979

Kickstart gone mental in the naughties, innit :-)

10. Psychotext

No doubt.

11. Michael O'Connor

I was considering this even before I saw the reviews, but its great to see it getting the love from the critics. Purchasing this as soon as I go out and get some points.

Shadow Complex next week! WHOOOOO!

12. Robster1979

The Summer Arcade promotion in all fairness has been pretty darn good. Hats off to you MS.

13. Psychotext

My OCD is kicking in big time. MUST.BEAT.FRIENDS.ON.LEADERBOARD.