Eurogamer Expo 2009 line-up announced, is bonkers

Wednesday, 12th August 2009 12:25 GMT By Patrick Garratt

egexpo09

Eurogamer Expo 2009 just announced its full publisher line-up, and it’s pretty much “complete,” from the look of it.

Sony, Microsoft, EA, Ubisoft, Eidos, Sega, Capcom, Konami, 2K, Bethesda, Namco and Deep Silver will all have playable games on hand.

This year’s show is split over two UK locations. The Leeds event is being held at The Royal Armouries on October 27-28, followed by a London leg at Old Billingsgate October 30-31.

Games confirmed so far include Assassin’s Creed II, Halo 3: ODST, Borderlands, Tekken 6, Left 4 Dead 2, Dante’s Inferno and Aliens vs. Predator. Expect an awful lot more to be announced as we get closer to the show.

Buy tickets here. PR after the break.

Games industry shows widespread support for Eurogamer Expo 2009

Press Release

Brighton, England, 12th August 2009: Eurogamer is pleased to announce that 12 of the games industry’s biggest publishers have signed up for this year’s Eurogamer Expo.

Sony, Microsoft, Electronic Arts and Ubisoft will all bring playable games to the event, along with Eidos, SEGA, Capcom, Konami, 2K Games, Bethesda, Namco Bandai and Deep Silver.

The Eurogamer Expo will take place in two cities this year to give even more gamers the opportunity to attend. The Leeds event is being held at The Royal Armouries on 27th and 28th October. The London event will be hosted at Old Billingsgate on 30th and 31st October, as part of the London Games Festival. The Expo is in partnership with hmv.

Games playable at the event will include Christmas blockbusters Assassin’s Creed 2, Halo 3: ODST, Borderlands, Tekken 6 and Left 4 Dead 2. Expo visitors will also get to go hands-on with games slated for release in 2010 such as Dante’s Inferno and Aliens vs. Predator. More games will be announced during the build-up to the event.

“This year’s event is coming together really well,” said Rupert Loman, managing director of Eurogamer. “We’ve got some fantastic games on show and ticket sales are miles ahead of last year. With such great support from the industry we’re on course to making the Eurogamer Expo the UK’s best gaming event.”

The Indie Games Arcade will also make a return to the Eurogamer Expo in 2009. A raft of well-known and not so well-known indie titles will be on show, including games from Tunatech, Introversion, Robert Fearon, Hayden Scott-Baron, Rudolf Kremers and Alex May.

Visitors to the Expo will also gain entry to the GamesIndustry.biz Career Fair. Some of the world’s leading games studios will attend including Crytek, Starbreeze and Team17. In addition the BAFTA surgeries will return, giving students and graduates the chance to discuss their career options directly with experienced games industry professionals.

Tickets for the Eurogamer Expo are priced at £6 per day. They are available now via http://expo.eurogamer.net.

Exhibitor space at the event is now limited. All last minute enquiries should be directed to David Lilley: david@eurogamer.net / +44 (0)7779 224 138

1. Lutz

Halo 3 ODST will be a month old by then…

2. Blerk

I’m looking forward to this. Although at the weekend I accidentally mentioned it in front of my son and now he’s super pissed at me because he can’t go.

3. Lutz

Got my tickets though! Leeds, first day.

Blerk, you better show. :P

4. Johnny Cullen

No Conviction from Ubi :(

Still, have my press pass for London, gonna try and make it.

5. No_PUDding

I wish I could be pissed at my dad, becuase he’s going to a games convention, and I am not. xD

Anyway, you guys all suck for going to Leeds. :/

I don’t think it’s worth going if I can’t meet you all, and see what you all look/sound/feel/smell/taste like.

6. No_PUDding

Johhny, you’re going to the London one?

7. Blerk

I shall see you there, Mr Lutz.

8. Lutz

Actually, I still need to finalise transport there and back.

9. Johnny Cullen

Pud – Yes, I am.

10. Patrick Garratt

I’ll be at both of them, probably. Definitely at the Leeds one, anyway.

11. Blerk

You won’t see me until it’s too late, Pat.

12. Johnny Cullen

I see raping between Pat and Blerk. :D

13. Pyrix

I’m going to the London one on the first day.

14. onyxbox

I’ll be there in London on the Friday.

Looking forward to the indie stuff and geeking out big time for the day :-D

15. Patrick Garratt

I’ll be “packing heat”. I’m not scared.

16. Psychotext

Surprise sex is the best sort… give in to your fear Pat. :D

17. Johnny Cullen

What kind of heat, Pat? ;)

18. Blerk

It’s only rape if one of you doesn’t want to.

19. Psychotext

“What kind of heat, Pat?”

This sort.

20. Patrick Garratt

21. Johnny Cullen

PT – XD

22. No_PUDding

So quite a few of you are going to the London one.

I am sorry I will miss the Leeds orgy, with most of the proper VG247ers. Seems like Johnny and I, are the only commited VG247ers going to the London one.

That is… If I decide to go.

23. Blerk

Just book a ticket, you big ponce!

24. No_PUDding

xD

Shutup. Haven’t met the annual quota of procrastination yet, and I don’t know what will be happening with my new job.

25. Blerk

Wait too long and they might sell out.

26. No_PUDding

… Thanks for the words of wisdom. Glad you told me that, otherwise I’d never have realised!

27. Blerk

I have a diploma in stating the bleeding obvious.