Microsoft confirms premium Avatar clothing

Friday, 17th July 2009 09:42 GMT By Patrick Garratt

avatars7

Microsoft’s released some official shots of the rumoured upcoming 360 dashboard update, confirming that premium Avatar clothing is soon to be with us. Get them all from Gamersyde.

You’ll soon be able to buy a jacket for 160MSP. Cool. We think.

Other additions include content rating, Friends list sorting, and an ‘overall Achievements/Gamerscore’ tab.

Take a look. There’s no date on it yet. Thanks, Blerk.

1. Blerk

There’s also content rating in there, which looks good. And friends list sorting. And an ‘overall achievements/gamerscore’ tab. And full 360 game downloads mixed in with the Xbox Originals.

2. Patrick Garratt

Thanks, I’ve added that.

3. Lutz

/lays £50 on there being Spartan Armour costing at least 800msp for when Halo ODST or Reach is out.

4. Robster1979

160 points seems a little steep for a jacket thats not that “special”.

A full Halo-esqe suit or something 160msp would be OK.

Maybe I’m just getting tight in my old age…..

5. Blerk

That’s about £1.30. So… yes. It is a bit expensive. Then again, ‘any money at all’ is too much for virtual clothes in my view. :-D

6. SunKing

Well, I would never pay for it, but someone would.

7. Michael O'Connor

At least they seem to be putting effort into the designs. They’re pretty high quality, and far more varied, than most of the stuff up their right now.

Eh, £1.30 is barely the price of a bottle of soda. It’s not gonna break the bank if I see something up there that looks cool.

8. Lutz

What I really want, and I mean *really* want, is a dashboard/marketplace/messaging/friends/mini blades system that doesn’t take an absolute age to do anything.

NXE is unbelievebly slow. However, actual online gaming is smooth as anything. Sending a message can take upwards of 2 minutes from start to finish.

9. Blerk

Kotaku has the actual press release which details exactly what has changed.

10. Patrick Garratt

Just posted the same from Engadget. Top of site.

11. MushroomStamp

They should let you unlock clothes with your gamer score… Give us a reason for the points.. I’m at 42k

12. Michael O'Connor

“They should let you unlock clothes with your gamer score”

The ability to unlock clothes playing games has already been implemented into the avatar system – we’re just waiting on games that will take advantage of it.

I highly doubt they’ll ever create a system where you get stuff for having a really high gamerscore though.