Wolfenstein: B.J. Blazkowicz will remain the strong, slient type; movie in the works

Saturday, 27th June 2009 18:43 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

wolfenstein

An interview with Raven’s Eric Biessman regarding Wolfenstein has revealed that our hero, B.J. Blazkowicz, will remain a man of few words in this installment.

Basically, he will only speak when he feels it’s important.

“B.J. definitely is a man of few words, and while we expanded on this a bit, we also wanted to stay true to the character as defined,” Biessman told GameZone. “While he really wasn’t given a lot of opportunity to speak in the previous games, we knew we wanted to keep B.J. a man of action. With that in mind, B.J. is driven to stop the Nazi menace and isn’t about to wag his tongue at everyone he stumbles upon.

“Instead, B.J. stays the strong, silent type, only talking when he has something that needs to be said. He’s there to do a job, so he remains somewhat shrouded in mystery.”

During the interview, it was mentioned that the Return to Castle Wolfenstein film adaptation is currently in the works. Academy Award-winning screenwriter Roger Avary is providing the script and Samuel Hadida will be producing it.

Just in case you were wondering.

More through the links.

Thanks, Blue.

1. f1r3storm

He’s called Biessman. :)

I wish Raven could do a Star Trek: Elite Force 3.

2. Stephany Nunneley

I’ll shoot an email over to GameZone letting them know. :-)

3. dunk sb

Basically, he will only speak when he feels it’s important.

4. David

News flash 90% of the gamers excited about a new wolfenstien don’t give a crap about the single-player

Can someone please dig up some news on the multi-player its doing my head in that not a single bit of info has spoken about this. Considering how big it was you would think they would want to mention it at least once.

5. Phoenixblight

Sweet I am not part of norm. I want to play Wolfenstein for the story not the multiplayer….

6. David

Single-player will be average to above average multi-player is were this game shined in the previous title and thats all I care about. If the MP is average its not getting a penny from me.

7. JonFE

Different strokes for different folks and all that jazz…

8. anasui

David is spot on, RTCW had some of the best multiplayer I’ve ever played on any platform. It was just nearly perfect. If this one isnt just as good as that then I’m not getting it