Crackdown 2 set in future PC, gameplay has been “altered significantly”

Thursday, 25th June 2009 11:55 GMT By Patrick Garratt

crackdown221

Ruffian’s given up more on Crackdown 2 in an interview with Edge, saying the game is set in a future version of Pacific City and has all-new gameplay.

“From an environmental point of view, you probably would look at it as being an entirely new map,” said creative director Billy Thompson.

“It’s still Pacific City but further on in the timeline. We’ve altered a great deal, and think people who enjoyed the first game are going to be really pleased when they enter this one.

“And we’ve made sure the gameplay’s altered significantly.”

There’s more through there about the game’s E3 reveal and the whole zombie-infected thing.

No date.

1. Blerk

Through where? :-D

2. Patrick Garratt

There you go.

3. anasui

zombie WHAT

4. Blerk

Thank you, Patrick. ;-)

5. Captain Fruitloop

Sounds a little bit more ambitious than the Crackdown 1.5 this was initially announced as.

6. ChrisPilote

I’m tired of zombies…Zombies appears when scenarists don’t have any idea left…like they did with Uncharted (ok, they weren’t exactly zombies, but that’s pretty much the same). I’m afraid I probably won’t get Crackdown 2, even if I really enjoyed the first.

7. SniperWolf

i enjoyed the first one a lot and i hope it get better reviews than the first one :-)

8. No_PUDding

I wish more sequels kept the same cities, but expanded on them.

Give me GTA5 in Liberty City, with more interiors. And maybe 10 years earlier, i really don’t mind. I know where I am going then, and the magic of discovery isn’t gone.

9. evilashchris

There was loads of zombie mutant types towards the end of the first Crackdown.

If I remember correctly one of the Japanese bosses was making them.

10. ChrisPilote

@evilashchris : Right, I completely forgot about it.

11. Captain Fruitloop

I liked how, in Crackdown 1, a plot suddenly appeared from nowhere in about the last 5 seconds of the game. You found out the Agency was basically evil, and had set up all the criminal gangs in order to justify its own existence.

I wonder if they’ll be pursuing that, in among all this slightly dodgy-sounding zombie-infection stuff?

(And, btw, isn’t Crackdown 1-copycat Prototype all about a roof-leaping superpowered-type taking on an open world city full of zombie-infection people?)

12. Michael O'Connor

“You found out the Agency was basically evil, and had set up all the criminal gangs in order to justify its own existence.”

Thanks for spoiling the whole game for me. Geez…

13. El_MUERkO

Crackdown 2 set in future PC, gameplay has been “altered significantly”

shouldn’t that be:

Crackdown 2 set in future, PC gameplay has been “altered significantly”

14. Patrick Garratt

PC = Pacific City.

15. ChrisPilote

PC stands for Pacific City here ;)

16. El_MUERkO

okey dokey… i would have just said “Crackdown 2 set in future, gameplay has been “altered significantly”” and not confused the plebs :(

17. ChrisPilote

Well, Crackdown 1 was already kinda set in the future. That would have been even more confusing :p

18. MushroomStamp

Loved the first one. I’m sure i’ll love this one too.