Last.fm-360 integration gets more details, create your own station, share playlists

Monday, 8th June 2009 12:21 GMT By Mike

lastfm1

Kotaku‘s unearthed some more details of the Last.fm service that will be integrated into XBL later this year.

Yes, there’s still no date but you’ll have the ability to share your playlists with friends and create your own, unique Last.fm station.

The feature list in full:

• browse artists & tracks and compile custom playlists
  • share those playlists, and other recommendations, with friends via “Party Radio” (you’ll also be able to listen in on the same songs/playlists together)
  • create your own Last.fm station
  • check out artist pages complete with photos, band info and other info like how to find similar artists.

Microsoft has announced Last.fm will be free for all Live Gold subscribers.

1. G1GAHURTZ

Play Station eh?

LOL!

2. Syrok

And free to anyone who has a computer. :)

3. DrDamn

Ooooh interesting. Only free to Gold subs eh? About time they added some more value for us.

4. tenthousandgothsonacid

Can you plug a bog standard keyboard into a 360 ? Or is there some ms one that costs 60 quid. Or can you plug one in at all ? Wouldn’t fancy this with just a pad.

5. daytripper

will this be integrated into the guide button, playlists i mean, which you can play while gaming?

6. Aimless

I doubt it, daytripper, as the music is streamed from the ‘net and could cause issues with online games; Live enabled titles stop background downloads for this reason.

7. DrDamn

@TTGOA
    Not sure if you can. You can pick up a chatpad which fits snuggly onto a standard pad for ~£20. With the new features I may just pick one up at some point.

8. G1GAHURTZ

Standard USB keyboards work with the 360. I use a Chatpad, which I keep plugged into my controller at all times.

9. theevilaires

wasn’t this on the xbox1 with XBMC?

10. polygem

hehe – yea – finally i get a play station on my xbox – great news

11. crackdude

Play Station?? In MY Xbox?!

12. freedoms_stain

All this would be moot if they just supported a fully functional web browser.

Preferably one not built by Microsoft of course.

13. theevilaires

yea like twitter and facebook stuff. LMAO ps3 could access that stuff from launch day. why won’t they just add a web browser.

14. Johnny Cullen

TEA: Facebook is a managled mess on the PS3 web browser. Everything is squished together and I cant post my status or comments.

And while Twitter does work when reading it, I cant update it on my PS3 (at least when it worked)