Rumor: Kojima’s new game is Lords of Shadow, then again maybe not

Friday, 22nd May 2009 21:36 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

kojimacover

The Kojima teaser site has the internet all in a tizzy, and with rumors of the next Metal Gear flying around, a new one for Lords of Shadow has been added to it.

Kombo is reporting that the next PSW magazine, due on stands June 18, shows a silhouette of the main character in Kojima’s next game.

However, the site says it’s not the same game associated with the teaser we have all been eying so closely.

A NeoGAFer has found evidence to support that the game on the cover of PSW is possibly Lords of Shadow, and as we all know, it’s being published by Komani, overseen by Kojima, and developed by another company.

All that being said, Kombo suggests – like us – to take all this as rumor and speculation until more is revealed.

Technically, PSW’s magazine cover isn’t lying, but you can see by the furor it’s causing on forums around the net how easy it is to jump to conclusions.

Pass the aspirin, please.

1. Mike

weird that June 18 is way after E3. we’ll all know what it is by then! :p

2. Stephany Nunneley

I know! It’s all rather silly. When the announcement does come, people will be so sick of it all by then, they may just go “meh” and click through to the next page.

3. Razor

Perhaps they’re telling what the game is at E3 or before, but not who the protagonist is going to be…

…which means there’s a good chance that Kojima is going to announce MGS5…BUT…is not yet going to tell you who you play.

4. Gekidami

Wheres the “As we all know” link meant to take us? I didnt know, i’ve never heard of this Shadow game before…

5. Cort

Still multiplatform.

;o)

6. No_PUDding

We’re not gonna know before E3, so I don’t know why people bother.

7. Stephany Nunneley

Gek – it was suppose to take you to all previous posts on Lords of Shadow. It didn’t apparently. Link is now changed to the announcement of it, and here is a link for the trailer.

8. Shatner

I’ll tell you what Hideo’s next game is:

3 years away at the very least.

9. Johnny Cullen

“We’re not gonna know before E3, so I don’t know why people bother.”

I disagree, the final Famitsu before E3 will hopefully throw a major hint on Wednesday.

10. No_PUDding

Famitsu does always get the scoop.

I am lookign forward to pre-E3 famitsu, I imagine it will ruin a few reveals.

11. The_Deleted

I’ll piss myself if he just directs a movie. We all know he may as well.
    I’d be interested to see if he follows through with some of his ideas. He did have an idea to release a game where, if you died, that was it! GAME OVER! And you’d have to buy a new game. You’d have to be pretty hardcore / fucking stupid to buy into it.