Fallout 3 DLC has been “hugely successful,” more may come, says Bethesda

Wednesday, 13th May 2009 10:30 GMT By Patrick Garratt

fallout3brokensteel1

Broken Steel may have been the last scheduled bit of Fallout 3 DLC, but there may be more, Bethesda’s Peter Hines has told OXM.

“Whether it’s the absolute last one remains to be seen, because it’s been hugely successful,” he said.

“Operation Anchorage vastly exceeded our expectation. It was like, ‘Holy shit, we did how many?’ And the Pitt was really successful, after a bit of a false start.

“But Broken Steel is the one that… everyone has been bugging us the most about, because it removes the ending and changes the level cap and lets you play more in that world.

“I think it’s going to be hugely, hugely popular.”

Broken Steel’s out now.

1. SticKboy

Oh god – i haven’t even unwrapped this yet!

2. Blerk

I am going to get all of these, I think. At some point.

3. JesteR

Dont release it for PS3 Bethesda you might sell even more….

4. ShiroGamer

wow,that might be what point lookout or “w/e its called” is then

5. Gekidami

They’re quite disapointing really, some of the areas and content is good (whilst still being pretty scarce) but they’re just so short and dont really add to the experience. I hope Bethesda release something in the same line as the Shivering Isles with a whole new main quest, extra side quests and a new area big enought to actually explore.

6. Blerk

That would be awesome.

7. Psychotext

Operation Anchorage was dire, but I really enjoyed The Pitt and Broken Steel. Would like to see more.

8. Morrius

Ha, maybe they can pre-empt the problems with the next one and call it ‘broken dlc’.

9. LeD

Broken Still. Broken Again. Broken Yet?

They could be on a roll.

10. Retroid

Broken Back Thunder Mountain?

11. Anders

Peter = Pete, innit?

Broken Steel was really all about the higher level cap. The rest was pretty… Dull.

12. anasui

I might get em once the overall lenght reaches at least 40 hours. heck, that’s about the time I took to explore Megaton

13. frostquake

Insider told me the Retail Package of all the 3 DLC would be much cheaper then buying it straight as a download. That Beth was going to try with the first 2 as Retail and then later down the slope they Would release all 3 on one disc…So I am waiting to see, hey if not then I can always download anyway
    May the Wombats of Wisteria Lick incessantly the Hope of all Mankind!

14. rainer

I’ve actually being enjoying the DLC more than the main game it felt more fallouty to me for some reason.

I hope they do more though MS could stop firing people in its QA department or outsourcing it to incompetent sweatshops so they actually stop with the botched releases of DLC.

15. Psychotext

I’m not sure how much MS has to do with Bethesda’s notoriously shitty QA department. The PS3 and PC releases are just as bad (if not worse) than the supposedly MS tested 360 version.

16. Dr.Ghettoblaster

How about sharing with the PS3 Fallout3 users already ya bastages?!

17. 599USD

more through my asshole, gay innit?