Red Steel 2 details have surfaced, and there’s loads more to it than just making use of of Wii MotionPlus.
For starters, multiplayer is not included in the game. Ubisoft said that this has more to do with the developer’s focus on the single-player and hacking each other to death with swords. It does, however, think that mutliplayer through DLC would be a great idea.
“We would love to create a multiplayer engine, but not right now”, it said. “It’s single player because we want to really focus on the core mechanic and as much as we all want to kill each other with swords, it’s not going to happen this time.
“[Multiplayer] would be cool. The world has changed, and we can do that sort of thing. I certainly think that would be cool. I’d buy it. But we need to be careful bringing out something that people think should be in the main game.”
GoNintendo jotted down the other features included in the game into a nice list for you.
It’s after the break.
- Some aspect of leveling up your character
- Gun and sword combos
- RS2 is tightly focused on intensely physical first person sword fighting, with gunplay a secondary option
- Hold Z to lock onto enemy
- Hold down C and swing to block, vertical and horizontal blocks
- Switch lock-on at any time
- Screen prompts you if you’re being attacked from behind. Press A to quick-turn in this situation
- Many enemies wear bulletproof armor
- Not open world
- Not a linear game, multiple paths to take
- Several hub-worlds
- Side quests
- Return to old areas with new powers and abilities
- Non-combat use of MotionPlus wont be limited to opening doors
- Boss fights
- Production began last summer