Alpha Protocol video gives you a bit of a walkthrough

Saturday, 25th April 2009 14:31 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

alphaprotocolaThe newest video for Alpha Protocol highlights the dynamic dialog included in the game and gives you a walkthrough of an early stage that takes place in Moscow.

Obsidian’s spy-RPG is looking more interesting to us all the time.

It’s out for PC, PS3 and 360 in October.

1. Gekidami

This game looks terrible, no wonder “choice is your weapon” its the only thing that looks even slightly decent.

2. Stephany Nunneley

I am just tired of shooters and rpgs. I mean, I don’t mind a mix, but I am getting really bored lately and I am hoping this one will at least be something a bit different. It’s just that the last couple games that came into the house were just really “meh” for me.

Maybe I should start playing more strategy titles, that’s something I have gotten into a bit lately. Although I am not any good at them yet.

3. ShiroGamer

i could happily be your tutor

4. Gekidami

April has indeed been a very lame month for releases.

5. Stephany Nunneley

You play them much Shiro? Any recommendations?

6. Hunam

Gah, WMP, havn’t got the codec installed on the mac at the moment. Still, sad to see some of you guys being negative about the game, sure Obsidian don’t make pretty games but they’re always massively deep and hugely endearing.

7. anasui

Obsidian? The ones behind the shit KOTOR 2?

yeah big hopes about this one indeed

8. Esha

@anasui: Way to be informed.

KOTOR 2 suffered because the publishers of the game brought forward the deadline on the game a big number of months, despite the fact that the game was still under active development. Obsidian had to rush to get the game out the door, which was why a lot of content got left out.

When left to their own devices, Obsidian are responsible for brilliant things. Including the critically acclaimed Neverwinter Nights 2, and Mask of the Betrayer, the latter was so good it was said to be the only RPG that could really be compared to Planescape Torment (the best PC RPG that ever was, in case you’re wondering).

Obsidian were never great with graphics though, so there’s often a lot of whining about how their games look graphically, until they actually release a game, then the whiners go eerily quiet, Obsidian’s game sells extremely well, it’s rated high by about every mag out there, and Obsidian get to be smug in the face of the now-silent doubting Thomas types.

I see that happening once again.

To judge a game purely on graphics is a shallow approach, there’s a lot more to Obsidian games that can’t be so easily conveyed in a trailer.

9. Hunam

KOTOR2 was a bad start for the team, but the story was amazing, actually the best star wars story I’ve come across.

I just hope that the same thing happens with Obsidian as it seems to have done with Splash Damage, that is, Bethesda giving them tons of cash to hire half the industries experts.

10. anasui

informed? I knew all the things you said, and more. Game was still shit though, in my opinion. Story wasn’t as captivating as 1, new planets and characters were absolutely booring and the first starting zone, Taris (or Telos?), was a drag. And nice twist, figured out after the first conversation with the bad boy

NWN2 compared to PT? PT the best pc game ever? I think you forgot to say “in my opinion”