Survey says: 72% of men would rather play a new game than have sex

Thursday, 2nd April 2009 17:00 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

gamegirls

According to a report over on CVG, out of 1,130 men surveyed, two-thirds would rather play a new game release than do the mattress mambo with their lady friend.

Seriously?

Thirty-two percent admitted they would rather play a game because partners were “hard to please” or “not as much fun”.

The average climbed to 72 percent when “new videogames” became an option.

The survey failed to mention if any of the men questioned had been with a woman outside of a “self help manual” or “art film”.

1. Retroid

“… with a nubile new girl”.

….

/Doesn’t game

2. SERAPHEMZ

‘partners were “hard to please” or “not as much fun”.’ that much is true…

3. GwynbleiddiuM

because you don’t know how it’s hard to please a woman these days, it costs hell a lot more than a video gameand in the end they are always complaining.

4. G1GAHURTZ

Insanity.

5. Stephany Nunneley

@ GwynbleiddiuM

!!!!!! wow, just wow! lol

6. Shatner

Given the pathetic dribbling mess gamers turn into when they see an attractive female related to videogames and the neanderthal levels of civility they display towards them I’m surprised many would ever get to be given the option between sex or a videogame.

Of course, this polarisation of behaviours is typically fuelled by Tomb Raider stories / Jade Raymond stories / stories like this one published by the games media. Given the linked source of this story I can’t really say I’m surprised.

7. Deanzor

Are you guys really telling me you’d rather have sex with your missus that you presumably could have sex with at any point anyway, than play a SWEET NEW VIDEO GAME that you’ve NEVER PLAYED BEFORE?! It’s not like your missus is going to say ‘Tonight’s the night I show you my secret second vagina and nineteen extra tits’ is it? You know what you’re getting.

If Miyamoto rang me up, and said I could go round his and play the secret prototype for Super Mario World 3 instead of nailing my missus that night… she’d be waiting up all night worrying, since I wouldn’t even waste the time to text her and tell her.

If she existed.

Which she doesn’t.

I’m going to die alone.

Fucking Mario World 3, though?! Bring that the fucking fuck on.

8. SERAPHEMZ

…ummmmm…Jade Raymond…

9. desiredtime

I’d rather play a new game than have sex. but i have no chose in that matter.

10. Psychotext

I would… but don’t tell my missus. :D

11. Gekidami

How about both at the same time? WIN!

12. ecu

I’ve tried both at the same time, it’s phenomenal. You have to appreciate when your girl is giving you a good going over, yet she doesn’t mind that you’re laying back playing Phoenix Wright on the DS.

13. Psychotext

Ha, yeah I did that one in university. Point and click adventure games for the win. :D

14. Mike

I’d rather have sex all day long instead of playing games, tbh.

15. lelik

that is the greatest picture ever

16. ecu

I’d rather have sex all day long instead of playing games, tbh.

So if Bungie called you up tonight and said that they’d give you an all-expenses paid trip to their HQ tomorrow to play Halo 4 running on what would be the next generation of Xbox hardware, and then your missus said she wants to take the day off and shag nonstop, doing anything you want, no matter how filthy, what would you choose?

17. Gekidami

How dare you work in video games media Morriss. :p

18. endgame

some games own most of today’s girls. so yeah, i prefer gaming with friends vs sex. girls r overrated. cheers.

19. Stephany Nunneley

Hey I don’t even play Halo and I would take the Bungie call. ;-)

However, these are all hypothetical scenarios that anyone in their right mind would not pass up. The poll was just a general survey using the day-to-day mundane.

Now, that being said….if the man of the house even tried to suggest getting horizontal the moment I walked in with a shiny new copy of God of War 3…I would kick his ass out of the house or buy him a prostitute. It’s a toss up really.

20. Psychotext

:D :) :D

21. Gekidami

A girl just gave her opinion on this… Well thats awkward… :p

22. Retroid

Or a toss off.

/Kicked off the internet

23. G1GAHURTZ

Good grief!!!!!!!!

Is this a testosterone free zone or what!?!?!?

Lunacy… absolute lunacy!!!

24. theevilaires

lol at how morriss and psycho feel about each other

25. ecu

This article should have used the Rez gamegirladvance trance vibrator picture. (the large picture here – http://www.gamegirladvance.com/archives/2002/10/26/sex_in_games_rezvibrator.html)

26. SticKboy

Deanzor for commen6t of the year

27. Stephany Nunneley

@ ecu

Good lord, is that post still floating about? :-D

28. ecu

It’s legendary! I haven’t found a girl willing to try it with me though, it seems a little seedy to ask. :P

29. JonFE

One has to wonder, though, how many of the surveyed men actually met the requirements, as in “actually have a lady friend”…

:-P

30. David

The missus always comes first in my mind. Games can wait :P bonking is more fun ;).

31. mightyhokie

I try and get all the achievements i can get from my wife.

the guys who would rather play with a game than a girl deserve neither.

32. Psychotext

But you can have sex any time… good new games don’t come out that often. :P

33. Stephany Nunneley

Yeah, true. But what’s 3-5 minutes away from your game anyway? Takes longer to fix a snack.

;-) (kidding)

34. Psychotext

Ooooh… cold.

But yeah, a snack to go with my game would be great. Thanks!

35. Gamoc

That’s ridiculous, it strikes me as very hard to believe. No guys could possibly choose games over sex, surely?

There’s clearly something wrong with 72% of the men that took this survey.

36. Psychotext

Aww… I was reading on another site that this survey was done by http://www.ps3pricecompare (Price comparisons / bargains for PS3 games / consoles).

If only that nugget of info had been in the original story, we’d have had all the fanboys in here spinning it left, right and centre. :D