“The worst is behind us,” says Greenberg on RROD issues

Tuesday, 17th February 2009 21:00 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

redring

Microsoft’s Aaron Greenberg seems to think that the RROD days will soon just be a horrible memory in the history of gaming.

Speaking in an interview with Edge, the Microsoft bossman says, “We’ve improved that [repair] process. It’s very quick, and they may upgrade your system with the latest technology. So that works really well.

“What it comes down to is isolating and figuring out the issue, fixing the issue, and the more that we can fix the issue, and know it’s fixed, then we’re good going forward. We’ve put the worst behind us on this, but we know there are a few lagging systems, and so we want to take those and make it right.”

What these hardware updates are exactly is unknown: Greenberg says isn’t at liberty to divulge the specifications.

1. Johnny Cullen

I hate Greenberg.

Srsly.

As much as I may love my 360, I dispise Greenberg.

2. reask

I reckon it,s a toss up between him and Reeves.
    Still when all is said and done there job is Pr so the more controversy they create the better for either company.
    Just my take on it.

3. Psychotext

A pair of cocks and no mistake.

Someone should get onto Rockstar. Maybe there’s a spot for them in a future cutscene?

4. Stephany Nunneley

Funnily enough… my THIRD 360 red ringed just last week…

5. reask

My disc drive gave up and am still waiting for them to collect it.
    Only good thing got into Project IGI on PC not a bad game but bloody hard.
    Although I am sure gigahurtz would disagree with me. ;)

6. Doomsayer

Hmmm, im still on my launch 360 and no single freeze or anything every happened….

7. Retroid

Should never have happened. But at least they completely replace the dodgy motherboards for free…

8. Whizzo

I think they’ll be a little more careful with the design of their next console at least.

9. Blerk

Yes, they’ll definitely leave that little ring of warning lights off next time. :-D

10. G1GAHURTZ

@ reask:

hehe…

11. Rhythm

LOL@Blerk

I *loved* my Xbox but this set of circumstances has put me off ever buying MS hardware again.

Not that I reckon much of Sony or Ninty either though… the amount of disdain they all treat gamers with is quite shocking

12. Retroid

Completely free repair & replacement isn’t too much disdain :)

13. Tonka

We have a PleaseFixMe as a doorstop here at the office.
    Literally.