BioWare: “Fight club” planned for Mass Effect DLC

Monday, 16th February 2009 16:45 GMT By Patrick Garratt

masseffecta51

Speaking in a video documentary on Mass Effect – watch it after the break – principal lead designer Preston Watamaniuk has apparently dropped the first proper piece of information on the next piece of Mass Effect DLC.

“Things we’re working on right now, for the Mass Effect universe next … we had something in Mass Effect 1 that again, we weren’t able to pull off just because we didn’t have the time and we didn’t think we’d be able to do it well enough, which was a fight club or an arena. So we’re actually working on that for our next downloadable content piece and we’re hoping it’ll be really special.”

Project director Casey Hudson then expands, saying, “So we wanted to be able to give people a much more combat-oriented, lighter-story experience. You’re going to go to a kind of casino gaming fight club space station.”

There’s no date on any more Mass Effect DLC as yet, and no official announcement of anything as yet.

Thanks, Joystiq.

1. brennan40

Patch the damn PC version before you talk about DLC please.

Seriously, I get pissed off when all they could think about is making new content/money, without addressing serious issues PC folk have been having for the past year.

Consider this the last game I *buy* from Bioware if they don’t get their QA in order.

2. Hunam

They are patching the PC version, they announced it a few weeks ago. Keep up.

What’s wrong with the PC version then? I can complete everything on it without any hassle.

More Mass Effect is always good in my books.

3. Retroid

Fight club? Light on story?

That’s not why I loved Mass Effect*

*it was the Asari

4. SticKboy

Yeah, but this means I;d have to start playing *all over again* just to get to the new content! I mean, that was the case with ‘Bring Down The Sky’ and that really sucked ass, tbh. All RPGs should be open-ended these days, for real.

5. endgame

same here Hunam. no problems whatsoever with the pc version. and i’m on my 5th playthrough. :) Retroid. story is the best thing in mass effect, asari 2nd best thing, but combat is also gd man, and imo, it wasn’t enough. u think bad about “fightclub”. don’t! do not underestimate bioware! they NEVER failed us before so the chances to fail us now r pretty slim. :)