Up to 50% off all Woolworths stock today

Friday, 5th December 2008 10:11 GMT By Patrick Garratt

And that includes games, apparently. The UK retailer went into administration last week, and has now announced its “Biggest Ever Sale”.

Administrator Deloitte told MCV in a statement:

“We anticipate increased footfall in the stores and have hired additional staff to cope with increased demand. Additional goods have been moved to all stores and further stock will be added in the coming days.

“There is continuing interest in the core Woolworths business and the Sale will continue whilst potential buyers finalise their plans for the purchase of the business.”

It’ll be like rats stripping a corpse. Take your shotgun.

1. Roybott

Woolworths.co.uk just displays the following message:

“Our site is currently undergoing essential maintenance. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Please check back later.”

Was there any information about the sale being instore only or also online?

2. OrphanageExplosion

The key thing here is ‘up to’ 50 percent…

3. scratchy69

I agree – “up to” can mean anything. All Christmas decorations are 50% off. Games, I’m not so sure.

4. Shatner

I’m going to head down there and buy a years supply of pick’n'mix for 50p.

5. Truk

“I’m going to head down there and buy a years supply of pick’n’mix for 50p.”

:-D

We were saying the exact same thing in the car this morning.

6. fj

Online sales are completely over.

7. Ratso

I’ve just popped to the small store local to my work and it’s unpleasantly chaotic.

Anyway, ALL games and related stuff appears to be 10% off, but there were no copies of Prince of Persia or any of today’s other releases visible.
    Consoles appear to be 10% off as well but I could only see DS’s for £90.

8. Roybott

“…but there were no copies of Prince of Persia or any of today’s other releases visible…”

Isn’t that down to the issues with the distribution company that Woolworths own part of? The one that meant none of the supermarkets recieved any copies of Resistance 2 last week?

9. deftangel

It’s rubbish, 10% off 95% of what was in there. They’ve bought a shitload amount of Mirror’s Edge though.

10. Gamoc

…10%? That’s nothing. 10% from £40 is £36…I could find that online somewhere regardless on bigger games.