“Zero chance” of Left 4 Dead PS3 this year

Monday, 6th October 2008 22:45 GMT By Patrick Garratt

left4dead13.jpg

Valve’s Doug Lombardi has said those hoping for a PS3 version of Left 4 Dead this year can go on wishing: it’s not happening.

“There’s zero chance of it happening this year,” he told CVG. “It’s something that’s being talked about right now as the game is gaining popularity and looking like it’s going to be a hit.”

“Hit” is about right. Pre-orders are well up, with or without a PS3 version.

Game’s out in November. More through the link.

1. No_PUDding

We knew it wasn’t this year, but it will be nice during the quiet period next summer.

Especially if it’s a decent port /skepticism.

The game doesn’t hit many buttons for me to be brutally honest, and I think the tech behind it although admirable is kind of unnoticeable and really destroys the element of gameplay.

(unnoticeable from the walkthroguhs I’ve seen)

2. patlike

I wouldn’t be surprised if it never happened, to be honest. Do they actually need to do it?

3. Syrok

“Zero chance” of Left 3 Dead PS3 this year”

Who would want the prequel to Left 4 Dead anyway?
    :o)

4. patlike

Fucking Jesus. Thanks. Bed for me, I reckon :-D

5. Big Stu

Yes Gabe, we get it mate.

6. dEM0NSVK

EA is gonna do a port for sure, it will probably come out in 09 …

7. No_PUDding

patlike, I’d be fucking STUNNED, if a port didn’t happen.

8. David

A port will only happen if valve say to ea to do a port

9. Esha

Valve can dictate things to EA now? If EA has their foot in Valve’s door then I’m actually more inclined to think it’d be the other way around.

Though it would be funny watching the mouse trying to give the lion orders. “Don’t eat me, turn around, walk away, no ports for you. Bad Lion. Bad.”

Still… I’m not interested in this either, all I can see really is more zombies and guns (Valve’s forte), and that’s just not what I need for my gaming fix right now. If asked four or five years ago? Sure. But not now. I’m getting old, I guess.

10. No_PUDding

It’s not Valve and thats the only reason.

Portal and Half Life are still fantastic.

But I think EA and Valve both have a say in the ports, and if Lombardi says they ahve tot ake it seriously, I am sure EA are very very happy to get more money.

11. JonFE

Is there any single player element to this game? I’m interested to get it, but don’t think I’ll be playing online…