1. Blerk

I watched this earlier on. The compact menu that works a bit like the blades looks like the way to do everything. All the Apple/Wii-cloned ‘big friendly picture’ stuff just looks irritating.

2. morriss

Rare designed it all so I automatically think it’s great. :)

3. ecu

It looks miles better than the blades. I can’t wait to use it.

4. Blerk

Oh God, don’t tell me I just pissed Rare off again! They’ll be hiring a hitman or something.

5. epic_wanderer

I wonder if they will let people use Avatars in XNA games. I’d be interested in that.

6. Blerk

The first bit of the 1Up Show E3 special is available for download now if you’re still looking for more stories, morriss. That’ll probably be a good watch. If only to see Shane’s face when they announce FFXIII 360.

7. morriss

8. Blerk

I hope you can make some avatars that don’t look shit, then.

9. morriss

Cheers, Blerk but I’ve been at it since 720am. Time to aimlessly troll internet forums until bed. :)

10. morriss

In fact I wrote a story on the XNA avatars thing — here.

11. ecu

“They are. A dev from EG told me. That’s the whole point of them. XNA teams won’t have to spend man hours on character design and animation as its all done for them.”

Great! I’d actually rather they spent the extra time making decent characters, as the avatars look dreadful.

12. epic_wanderer

Ooh, I’d missed that. It is a shame they had to make them look SO much like Miis though. Same concept, original look and a lot of the criticism could have been avoided.

13. Psychotext

I don’t think they’d have been able to avoid criticism on this one… unless they made them all big fluffy rabbits or something.

Then everyone would have been too stunned to say anything!

14. allen

Still prefer the XMB for getting around. This does seem similar although flipped vertically and with larger icons, which is what I don’t like about it, less information more image size. The xbox guide thingy looks a big improvement though.