Konami: London Kojima signing “very well attended,” world tour detailed

Monday, 2nd June 2008 15:50 GMT By Patrick Garratt

metalgear28.jpg

Metal Gear boss Hideo Kojima appeared at HMV in Oxford Street today, alongside long-time Snake art-man Yoji Shinkawa, to sign stuff for fans, and a Konami UK rep told us the event was “very well attended”.

We’re getting pictures tomorrow morning, apparently.

The London signing was the first step in a global promo tour to support the launch of Metal Gear Solid 4, which Konami details today on a dedicated website showing locations and date you can get a chance to meet the Japanese master.

Click through for a look. We’ll post the photos as soon as we get them.

1. Psychotext

Geekslol

2. Blerk

Seems a bit premature to do it today. If they’d done it after the launch he could’ve signed MGS4 boxes. You know, for ebay and stuff. :-D

3. ecu

He was signing MGS4 sleeve/cover inserts. So that when you get the game, you can put that insert in your game box.

4. Blerk

Ah!

5. Tonka

A clever ploy to make the pre orders stick no doubt.

6. Blerk

Why on Earth would anyone be cancelling their MGS4 pre-orders? :-D

7. Tonka

I can think of 8 reasons

8. Blerk

It’s a pretty poor state of affairs if people stop buying anything that scores less than a 9. I can’t honestly believe that a couple of 8/10s would ever damage sales.

9. Tonka

ι…Έθœ

10. Psychotext

I get the feeling that the people who turned up for autographs would buy it even if it scored 1 and was proven to increase your risk of facial warts.

11. Psychotext

Looks like over 100 people in the line:

Seems about on par with what I saw when Terry Pratchett was signing books in London… which is impressive ‘cos Pratchett is a popular guy. =)

12. ecu

Nobody is going to cancel their order over an 8/10 review, Tonka is just being a pain in the arse for the hell of it. :P

13. morriss

I thought you’d be down there snapping away, Pat and updating the site from your mobile or something! ;)

14. patlike

I wasn’t going to go to London just for that, I’m afraid :)

15. Tonka

Judging by the behemoth thread over at EG a 8/10 ame isn’t worth playing. I think we are rapidly approaching a scale that stretches from 9.0 to 9.9 where 10 is perfect and therefore never handed out.

Once in a month sub 9 games are rounded up and ridiculed.

Would have loved to have a Kojima signature. LAst MGS game I played was pure genius.