Three new DS colours confirmed for Europe

Wednesday, 21st May 2008 12:04 GMT By Patrick Garratt

dslite5.jpg

According to this Kotaku piece, Nintendo’s confirmed three new DS colours for Europe.

The new red, lime green and light blue DS Lites will go on sale on June 13. Watch for the press release.

Update: Nintendo UK’s just confirmed it’s going to be announced today.

1. Blerk

Lime green… nasty. What’s wrong with a nice British racing green?

2. Spiral

That would be rather lovely. I wanted a Wii in that shade of red, but it’s been far too successful for that.

3. patlike

Just updated it. It’s going to be announced later.

4. patlike

Isn’t that light blue one really old? Did they do them at the Japanese launch? I’m sure Tom EG had one.

5. Blerk

I thought you could already get red ones, tbh. I suspect we’re just getting these colours ‘last’, as usual.

6. patlike

I think you’re right about the “violent green” one. I like the blue, though.

7. Hero of Canton

My wife has the blue one (imported from Japan – it wasn’t available at launch, btw) and it’s one of the only ones that fingerprints don’t really show up on. White gets dirty quickly and black always seems to have smears.

I quite like the lime green one, actually. Surprised we’re not getting the Enamel Navy one.

8. patlike

I buy a Pokemon one if they came out over here. Just for old time’s sake.

9. Killerbee

My black DS is a sod for showing up fingerprints and stuff, and I’m usually quite anally clean about these things (I don’t eat chips with my gaming fingers!!!!)

The blue looks okay, but I don’t see anything that would steer me away from the silver one if I was in need of a replacement.

10. patlike

I’ve got the white one, and that’s just fine. And a black PSP, because that’s what they’re supposed to be.

*nods*