Tue, May 20, 2008 | 18:29 BST
Ubisoft refuses to comment on Splinter Cell Conviction “back to drawing board” rumours
Ubisoft has refused to comment on a story this morning that claimed Splinter Cell Conviction had been put on hold.
“There is no official comment on this story, which is based on a purely speculative news piece,” said a spokesperson.
The story, which can be seen here on CVG, claimed that, “Splinter Cell Conviction has been taken ‘back to the drawing board’ by Ubisoft Montreal.
“That’s according to a report in the latest Xbox World 360 mag. Though Ubisoft isn’t saying anything, the mag says it’s heard that the surprising development decision has forced Splinter Cell back into the festive period of 2009 – or as late as Spring 2010.”
So there we are. The last press release Ubisoft put out on the game has a release listed as “November 2007″: that was in July last year. Just for the record, like.