Cellar Door Games has released a 5-Year Anniversary patch for Rogue Legacy, complete with a few new gameplay features.
Rogue Legacy was one of 2013’s indie gaming success stories, and is fondly-remembered today. To celebrate its fifth anniversary, Cellar Door Games has put out a brand-new patch with various bug-fixes and brand-new content. (Thanks Polygon for the info).
First off, players have access to “Donation Boxes” before each Boss Remix that powers-up your character for a price. (The change notes aren’t specific about what this cost is.) Speaking of Boss Remixes, the feature has been tweaked so you’ll only encounter them on New Game + and above.
Rogue Legacy also adds two new traits to the game. Clonus gives your hero the “shakes” while Prosopagnosia means you’re “bad with faces”. The game also features a new achievement for completing the game in 15 lives or less, although a cheat code is available for players who already achieved 100% for a limited time.
We’ve include the full changelog below. Good luck surviving the dungeons!
- Olá! Rogue Legacy hass been fully translated into 8 different languages! Enjoy being robbed by Charon in your native tongue! 🙂
- Brazilian Portuguese
- and Simplified Chinese! 🙂
- Mac and Linux versions have been updated to the newest patch.
- Cloud saving has been enabled. Now you can play on a plane!
- Boss remixes now only spawn in NG+ and up.
- Donation boxes have been added to the game.: Having trouble with the Remixes? Power up your heroes from the past and give yourself that extra edge! Be warned, the price is high.
- Prosopagnosia trait has been added to the game. You are bad with faces.
- Clonus trait added. You’ve got the shakes.
- Thanatophobia, a new achievement has been added!< Complete the game in 15 lives or less to earn this super difficult achievement.
- Achievement Hunters Grace Period has been added.
- Mouse rebinding has been added.
- 2207 comments later and we finally got the message. I hope you degenerates are grateful!
- Stat drops now scale with NG+ level.
- A new mystery portrait has been added to the game… Spook city.
- Profile card layout has been updated. Pssshh. :\
- Removed the forced aspect ratio from the game.
- Improved graphics stability for Intel Integrated video cards
- Numerous bug fixes to calculating total time played.
- Fixed longstanding bug with dashing forever
- Fixed longstanding bug for being invincible forever.
- Fixed crash bug when being awarded too much money in the elf mini-game