Chrono Trigger Steam update tweaks battle UI, character sprites, and improves resolution of animated cutscenes.
Square Enix has been releasing updates since experiencing a backlash after the launch of the rather shoddy port of the mobile version on Steam.
The second patch released today, and includes updates to the battle UI, improvements to character sprites on the world map, and improved resolution of animated cutscenes.
You can check out the full list of patch notes below:
- A new battle user interface (UI) has been added based on the look and feel of the original Chrono Trigger
- An option has been added to select between the UI optimised for controller/keyboard mentioned above, and the current UI optimised for mouse & touch panels. This option appears in “settings” in the main menu
- The game can now be paused during battle by using the pause button on controller, or the Space bar on the keyboard
- Adjusted the look of playable characters on the world map to be more in-line with the original version of Chrono Trigger
- The resolution of animated cut-scenes has been improved
- The display area of animated cut-scenes has been increased
- Fixed instances where the game slowed down during certain scenes
- The Korean font has been updated
- Other small bugs are fixed
Another update is planned for early June that will “continue to tweak the UI outside of battle.”