The Marvel vs Capcom 4 rumor was true, but it won’t have a four tacked on the end of it. Also, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is out on PS4 today.
The teaser shown earlier today included Ryu, Mega Man, Captain Marvel and Iron Man for starters. The first gameplay for the title will be shown during the Capcom Cup tomorrow.
It will feature single-player modes and and plenty of multiplayer. In addition to single player Arcade, Training and Mission modes, the game will feature a cinematic Story Mode which takes place in the “center of both universes” as the characters battle against a new villain.
Here’s a list of features:
- Reborn Rivalries: Universes collide once again in this all-new crossover clash for the ages, where players select their favorite Marvel and Capcom characters and engage in accessible and action-packed 2v2 partner battles.
- Infinite Power: Pulled from classic Marvel lore, unique and game-changing Infinity Stones can be implemented into players’ strategies as a way to influence the outcome of battle. Each Infinity Stone provides a unique advantage to the player and represents a different aspect of the universe: power, space, time, reality, soul, and mind.
- Iconic Heroes: Choose from a diverse roster of fan favorite characters pulled from Marvel and Capcom universes, including Iron Man and Captain America from the Marvel side, and Ryu and Mega Man X from Capcom. Many more playable characters will be revealed in the future.
- Cinematic Story: Heroes and villains battle for supremacy in a timeless struggle set in the Marvel and Capcom universes. The original storyline answers the questions regarding the new clash and lets players step into the shoes of classic characters from both sides as they wage war against powerful forces in an attempt to defeat a new villain.
- Accessible Single Player Content: In addition to the cinematic story experience, players can hone their skills in a variety of accessible single player modes, including Training, Mission and Arcade modes.
- Vast Multiplayer Features: Robust online modes and content including ranked and casual matches, global leaderboards, and online lobbies with spectator mode deepen the overall experience.
- Graphics: Unreal Engine 4 technology pushes the cinematic visuals and next-gen realism into a new era.
Also, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 came out in 2011, and it will made available today for PS4. The trailer for it is below.
Marvel vs Capcom Infinite will be released on PS4 in late 2017 and was announced at PlayStation Experience 2016 on the main stage this morning. It is also coming to PC and Xbox One.