GTA 5 received a patch towards the end of last week. The patch, version 1.09, brought with it a few improvements to Heists and plenty of other fixes.
Rockstar has released patch 1.09 (1.23 PS3 and Xbox 360) for all versions of GTA 5 to help make the Heisting experience better for all. The ‘auto-invite’ and general matchmaking for Heists is now faster, according to the developer.
More UI options have been added to give Heists players more control. The Planning Board now allows you to quickly join a Heist as a crew member, if you have an active Heist – you just need to press left on the d-pad. The Heist lobbies now also allow the host to change matchmaking to either open or closed.
The option is set to ‘closed’ by default, meaning only invited players can join the session. ‘Client invites’ option has returned and is set to ‘on’ by default. When set to ‘on’, players who joined the Heist can invite their friends. The host will be the only one able to invite others when the option is set to ‘off’.
The rest of the changes can be found below:
- Fixed a minor animation issue when throwing grenades while aiming on the PS4
- Fixed an issue where the Bad Sport flag was not correctly being removed from certain players’ accounts
- Fixed an issue where vehicle frames were not visually displaying damage correctly when heavily damaged
- Fixed an issue where a black screen was appearing when PSN was down
- Fixed an issue where the “Looking for job” display was being removed after accessing the Internet from the in-game phone, even though matchmaking was still in progress
- Fixed an issue where the player could lose control of character after backing out of hacking the vault in one of the Heists
- Fixed a rare issue where the player could get stuck on a cutscene if launching a certain Heist while in Ron’s Survival introduction
- Fixed an issue where Criminal Mastermind progression was occasionally not tracking properly
- Fixed an issue where players could spawn multiple parachutes
- Fixed an issue with the time of day on one of the Heists
- Fixed a possible crash when a One on One Deathmatch was initiated around the same time as a Heist invite
- Fixed an issue where a Kraken could be replaced by a Dinghy after receiving a Title Update
- Fixed an issue where a previous fix for character appearance changes was not applied correctly if the player was wearing a mask
- Fixed a rare issue where players could get stuck on a black screen when trying to enter GTA Online
- Fixed an issue where the objective could display incorrectly after evidence was picked up in one of the missions
- Fixed a rare issue with lost player control after accepting a cross-session invite
- Fix for issue where some players were experiencing freezing when trying to use the in-game cell phone in Story Mode
- Fixed miscellaneous recent exploits
- Other minor fixes for GTA Online and Story Mode to improve general stability
If you’re looking to get a few friends together and try one of the Heists, or full guide will take you by the hand throughout the entire process.