Tag Archives: madden nfl 10
Tue, Apr 27, 2010 | 08:54 BST
Something’s probably wrong in the world of online Madden play if this is anything to go by.
Thu, Feb 04, 2010 | 06:57 GMT
EA’s predicting the New Orleans Saints will beat the Indianapolis Colts in this Sunday’s Super Bowl.
Sat, Jan 09, 2010 | 19:24 GMT
EA Sports has announced that Madden NFL 10′s free DLC, Madden Ultimate Team, is now available for PS3 and Xbox 360.
Thu, Nov 05, 2009 | 11:13 GMT
Dragon Quest IX was the bestselling videogame across Japan, the US and UK in the third quarter, according to joint data from NPD, GfK Chart-Track and Enterbrain.
And yes: it was only released in Japan. Here’s the top five:
- Dragon Quest IX (Square Enix) – 3,925,000
- Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo) – 3,014,000
- Madden NFL 10 (EA) – 2,612,000
- Pokémon HeartGold And SoulSilver (Nintendo) – 2,068,000
- Halo 3: ODST – 1,847,000
The stats-tracker added that combined software sales in the three regions dropped 6 percent in the quarter.
Japan was up 15 percent, compared to a 20 percent drop in the same in 2008. That said, year-to-date sales in Japan are down 9 percent.
Tue, Oct 20, 2009 | 15:17 BST
OK. We’ve got PS3 promo copies of PES 2010, Madden 10 and OpFlash: Dragon Rising sitting here. We’re looking at them. Do you want them? Then comment below. We’ll give them out as follows:
- 100th comment – Madden NFL 10 (PS3)
- 200th comment – Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising (PS3)
- 300th comment – PES 2010 (PS3)
Got it? Go!
Tue, Oct 20, 2009 | 15:53 BST
Halo 3: ODST has outright won the software front in the September NPDs, selling over 1.5 million units in the month.
Wii Sports Resort (442k) and Madden NFL 10 for the Xbox 360 (289k) rounded off the top three in the software charts.
Beatles: Rock Band for the 360 beat Guitar Hero 5 for the 360, with 254k in fourth compared to GH5′s 210k in ninth.
The Wii version of Beatles rounds off the top 10 with 208k units sold.
Full list is below.
- Halo 3:ODST (360, Microsoft) – 1.52 million
- Wii Sports Resort (Wii, Nintendo) – 442.9K
- Madden NFL 10 (360, EA) – 289.6K
- Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story (DS, Nintendo) – 258.1K
- The Beatles: Rock Band (360, MTV/EA) – 254K
- Madden NFL 10 (PS3, EA) – 246.5K
- Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 (360, Acti Blizz) – 236K
- Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3, Square Enix) – 212.5K
- Guitar Hero 5 (360, Acti Blizz) – 210.8K
- The Beatles: Rock Band (Wii, MTV/EA) 208.6K
Sat, Sep 12, 2009 | 17:07 BST
Jesse Divnich, games analyst at EEDAR, has said that the reason Madden NFL 10 sales have been so disappointing on Wii so far, is because Madden NFL 09 on Wii left a bad taste in gamer’s mouths.
According to sales figures, the franchise saw a 42 percent decline in sales on the console and EA CEO John Riccitiello went so far as to call sales for the title “discouraging”.
“I believe many diehard Madden fans, who transitioned from the PS2 to the Wii, made their yearly Madden purchase in 2008 and realized that the Wii could not offer the same experience they have grown accustom to (online play, realistic graphics, in-depth team management),” Divnich told Joystiq.
“Avid Madden fans have the curse of knowledge … and they know that Madden cannot offer the same experience on the Wii as it did for the PS2,” he continued, citing Wii’s motion control gameplay versus DualShock 2 – which he compared to playing a FPS on consoles instead of PC.
“Anyone introduced to the FPS category through the keyboard/mouse combination even still today refuses to accept the analog controllers as a legitimate FPS controller,” he remarked.
Madden NFL 10 was the best selling title for August, moving 928,000 units for Xbox 360, 665,000 on PS3, 160,000 on PS2, and even came in at number 17 on Wii via the NPD Top 20.
More through the link.
Wed, Sep 09, 2009 | 22:31 BST
Update: Madden NFL 10 will launch on the App Store today for $9.99, and if you act now for today only it’s $7.99. Currently, DLC in the form of jerseys and roster updates is expected in the future as well as multiplayer.
Original Story: During Apple’s “Its only rock and roll, but we like it” event, which is ongoing, EA demoed Madden NFL 10 for iPhone.
Expected to be released sometime this month, the game has all 32 teams, all locations and the playbook from the full version for consoles and PC.
The iPhone version includes “Action Control Time,” which lets you adjust the speed of your game, “Season Mode,” which lets you play through an entire season of football with trades and acquisitions, stats and individual player rewards, full control over rosters, depth charts, and access to free agent pools, and broadcast commentary featuring the voices of John Madden, Tom Hammond and Cris Collinsworth.
Also included is the Hot Route feature, which lets you redraw the play from the playbook right on the screen with your finger.
No word just yet on when to expect it this month, or for how much, but we’ll sent word to EA Sports to see what we can find out.
Tue, Sep 01, 2009 | 16:42 BST
Official PlayStation Magazine UK has released its monthly scores on some new titles hitting or to have hit the market, and those interested in FIFA 10 should be pleased to know that the sports title got a solid 9/10 from the mag.
Other highly reviewed titles include DiRT 2, IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds Of Prey, Madden NFL 10 and Dissidia Final Fantasy.
Here’s the fill list courtesy of PS3 Vault.
- FIFA 10 – 9
- Colin McRae Dirt 2 – 9
- Wolfenstein – 7
- Soulcaliber: Broken Destiny (PSP) – 7
- Mini Ninjas – 7
- IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds Of Prey – 9
- Supercar Challenge – 5
- Fat Princess (PSN) – 8
- Madden NFL 10 – 9
- Wipeout HD: Fury (PSN) – 8
- Shatter (PSN) – 8
- Dissidia Final Fantasy (PSP) – 9
- Crystal Defenders (PSN) – 6
- Buzz! Brain of The UK (online mode review) – 8
Tue, Sep 01, 2009 | 14:53 BST
Major Nelson’s podcast number 330 is loaded to the gill with stuff.
Want proof? It’s 321 minutes long and contains chats with Xbox Live boss Stephen Toulouse, The Guild’s Felicia Day, development manager at Tiburon, Ryan Ferwerda chatting about Madden NFL 10, Josh Randall, the creative director behind Beatles Rock Band and Dan Maher, Xbox UK’s XBL editor.
If you don’t feel like listening to the whole thing, the Major has kindly listed the time each one starts.
Very kind of him considering most of us have ADHD.
Hit up the link to hear all about it.
Sat, Aug 15, 2009 | 17:03 BST
Those who would like to purchase Madden 10 may want to subscribe to Sports Illustrated instead.
Turns out, the magazine is offering the game as an incentive to get the weekly.
A subscription of 56 issues costs $49, comes with a Madden documentary, your console choice of the game, and the annual swimsuit edition.
Madden NFL 10 costs $60.
Seems the subscription route is the way to go – if you live in the US or Canada.
More over on NextGen.
Fri, Aug 14, 2009 | 22:58 BST
EA has announced that it will add convicted animal abuser and football player Michael Vick to the Philly Eagles roster upon the next Madden 10 update.
Granted, Vick is not eligible to play until week six of the NFL season, per the readmission rules, but it looks like his likeness will grace all versions of the game eventually.
“Michael Vick will be added to the Philadelphia Eagles roster in the next Madden NFL 10 roster update, pending NFLPA and NFL approvals,” said EA’s Rob Semsey.
“The next roster update will go live approximately on August 19th for Xbox 360 and PS3, with additional platforms to follow shortly thereafter.”
Sat, Aug 08, 2009 | 18:26 BST
EA has revealed some of the premium packs gamers will be able to download for Madden 10.
No word on pricing for any of these, but here is what is known so far:
- Super Superstar – Downloading this will enable your Superstar to get maximum progression for the length of his career.
- Pick A Superstar – Downloading this will allow you to pick any NFL player to start Superstar mode with.
- Dig Deep – For one play, your players respond to the challenges of the moment. All players receive a 10% boost to all stats.
- Game Day Instincts – For one game, your coaching staff is in the zone. All players receive a 5% boost to all stats; can be used once per year, per franchise.
- PK Scout – Download this to use a special scout who will reveal all true stats for Punter and Kicker prospects in the upcoming offseason. This is usable in Franchise only.
- Play Through the Pain – Using this allows for one player to recover from any injury no matter what the severity; usable once per season, per franchise.
- Not Done Yet – Downloading this allows you to keep one player out of retirement for one more year; usable once per season, per franchise. This is used in Franchise Mode only.
In addition to these, players can purchase Elite Status through the multiplayer lobby, which provides access to “exclusive VIP lobbies, leaderboards” and access to “the all new Elite Gametype” which features “All-Madden difficulty level and is tuned exclusively for the hardcore”, which IGN says will run you $5.00.
Game’s out next week. Hit the links for more.
Wed, Aug 05, 2009 | 07:06 BST
EA Sports boss Peter Moore said last night that pre-orders for Madden’s 2010 version were ahead of those the firm saw for the franchise in 2008.
“We’re now marginally ahead year-on-year with about ten days to go,” said Moore, speaking in EA’s Q1 investor call.
“Last year on this call we talked about pre-sales and whether they were really a key indicator anymore for what the strength of the title is going to be out of the blocks… but we’re marginally ahead.”
Moore didn’t give specific figures. The game releases on August 14.
For all the major headlines from the call and all related figures, hit this.
Tue, Aug 04, 2009 | 19:26 BST
Peter Moore has posted a developer diary of sorts over on the US PS Blog.
In it, he discusses the success EA has been having with its sports titles and how the company plans to support these titles via PS3.
Here’s just a taste:
- In Madden, PS3-PSP integration will enable NFL fans to build their own formations & plays from scratch. Via connectivity with the PS3, fans can perfect their plays on-the-go and download them to their PS3 anytime.
- In the EA SPORTS Complex on PlayStation Home, Club Fight Night is now open and drawing in Fight Night Round 4 fans, while four new Red Tournament poker tables have also been added to handle the overwhelming interest (nearly 2 million games played to date).
- We’ve recently announced that this fall our revamped EA SPORTS Challenge Series will create a global online competition exclusively on the PLAYSTATION 3. In addition to the robust online competitions, our first live event is later this month in Dallas. Get in the action today and get all the details by visiting www.easportschallengeseries.com.
Game’s out August 14, but a demo is up on PSN right now in the US.
Thu, Jul 23, 2009 | 12:23 BST
Nelson’s confirmed the posting of the Madden NFL 10 demo on Live.
That’s the good bit. The bad bit is that you can only get it if you’re American. Screw you, America.
Tue, Jul 21, 2009 | 00:36 BST
Looks like the Xbox kids have been good this year, as jolly ol’ Mr. Madden is dropping down their chimneys a week before he moves onto other platforms.
The demo, which features the New York Giants and Dallas Cowboys tossing around the pigskin, will be available to Xbox Live Gold members starting July 23, reports 1UP. It carries an eight minute time limit, though, so don’t get too excited.
Everyone else can get their hands on the demo starting July 30.
Tue, Jul 14, 2009 | 22:10 BST
EA has announced that a public Madden NFL 10 demo will land on PSN and Xbox live July 30 featuring a night game in heavy snow with the Dallas Cowboys against the New York Giants.
Those that pre-ordered Madden NFL 10 through GameStop will get to play a special demo July 23, which is a reenactment of Super Bowl XLIII between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Arizona Cardinals with 5 minute quarters.
The game is out on August 14.
Wed, Jun 17, 2009 | 18:19 BST
EA plans to release a public demo for Madden NFL 10.
GameStop announced yesterday that an exclusive demo for the football title would be made available to those who pre-ordered, and some gamers felt a bit left out.
“We will also be issuing a demo via Xbox LIVE and PSN that features the Giants vs. Cowboys with 2 minute quarters,” a company rep told Shacknews. “The GameStop demo is exclusive in terms of content.
“For example, the GameStop exclusive demo features a rematch of Super Bowl XLIII featuring the Steelers vs. Cardinals with 5 minute quarters.”
The GameStop demo is expected in July, but there’s no word on when the public demo will be released.
Madden NFL 10 is expected to hit retail on August 14 for PSP, PS2, PS3, Wii and Xbox 360.
Fri, May 29, 2009 | 17:33 BST
EA just added detail to Madden 10′s online co-op mode, as you can see in the press release after the break.
It’s just letters to us, as we know precisely nothing about American Football, but what the hey.
Have a read.