Tag Archives: germany
Sat, Feb 02, 2008 | 21:02 GMT
Eidos has moved to assure German gamers that the Xbox Live version of the Conflict: Denied Ops demo will be released in due course, and is currently in submission.
“The demo has always been planned for release in Germany and will be available on Xbox Live as soon as it is through testing in our internal QA dept,” Eidos UK PR Gareth Ramsay said here. “I hope this clears things up.”
The demo, as reported yesterday, has been held up because of edits made to the full game for violence-shy Germany. The demo released in other western countries hadn’t been cut, hence the delay.
Fri, Feb 01, 2008 | 08:02 GMT
You could probably do this. If you can speak English, German or French, can go to live in Germany and play lots of games, then maybe ths is the job for you. Codemasters is looking for GMs to work in its support site in Dusseldorf. Here’s the ad:
We’re looking for more GMs!
Do you want an exciting career working in online gaming? If you have bags of gaming experience with strong customer service skills then this could be the job for you! We’re expanding our GM team and are looking for good people to join our team.
We need people who:
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Have strong online gaming experience
- Are fluent in English, German or French (preferably a native speaker)
- Have the desire to join a fast-paced, exciting and highly dynamic team
Codemasters Online is currently recruiting English, French or German speaking Game Masters to work at our Germany-based support site in Dusseldorf.
- Provide high quality online support for one or more of our leading MMO titles
- Resolve customer enquiries via the in-game ticket system or external support tools
- Respond to customer requests in a professional, polite and timely manner
- Moderate the community forums and provide assistance to players where necessary
If this sounds like the kind of thing you’d like to do then in the first instance please send us your CV along with a covering letter to our GM recruitment inbox at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!
See the full thing in English, German and French here.
Tue, Jan 29, 2008 | 19:08 GMT
Sony is offering 150 euro off the price of a Sony BDP-S300 Blu-ray player to any German customer that hands over their used HD-DVD player. This points out that HD-DVD adoption if far higher in the States, so a replication of the offer in the US isn’t likely, and there’s no word of anything similar happening in the rest of Europe either. So far, German retailer Saturn is the only partner for Sony’s grand plan to demolish HD-DVD, one player at a time.
We wish it’d hurry up.
Tue, Jan 29, 2008 | 17:29 GMT
What the headline says. Charts for Spanish and German markets, courtesy of Media-Control GfK, via GI. Data is for the week ending January 20.
1. Dr. Kawashima: Mehr Gehirn-Jogging (DS)
2. Wii Play (Wii)
3. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PC)
4. Dr. Kawashima’s Gehirn-Jogging (DS)
5. World of Warcraft (PC)
6. Super Mario Galaxy (DS)
7. Augen-Training (PC)
8. Mario Party DS (DS)
9. World of Warcraft – The Burning Crusade (PC)
10. Singstar: Apres Ski (PS2)
1. Mas Brain Training (DS)
2. Big Brain Academy (Wii)
3. Assassin’s Creed (PS3)
4. Brain Training Del Dr. Kawashima (DS)
5. Uncharted: El Tesoro de Drake (PS3)
6. Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (PS3)
7. Wii Play (Wii)
8. Practice English – Ingles Para El Dia a Dia (DS)
9. Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (PS2)
10. New Super Mario Bros. (DS)