Sly Trilogy, God of War Collection coming to Vita in northern spring

Monday, 10th February 2014 22:50 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Sony has announced two new collections headed to Vita within a couple of months, bringing Sucker Punch’s Sly Cooper games along with Sony Santa Monica’s God of War classics to the portable.

sly_trilogy_god_of_war_collection_vita

Both the European and US PlayStation Blogs have confirmed the collections for their respective territories.

The Sly Trilogy includes three PlayStation 2 titles – Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus, Sly 2: Band of Thieves and Sly 3: Honour Among Thieves – “all fully remastered in high definition and optimized for PS Vita”.

It hits Europe on April 16 and North America on May 27.

The God of War Collection includes the original God of War and God of War 2, and includes re-mastered graphics, trophy support, and a choice between touchscreen and dual analogue controls.

This one arrives in Europe on May 8 and in North America on May 6.

Both titles will be available digitally and at retail.

1. Legendaryboss

There is a possibility, a good chance these late ports will be bad based on past history.

Jak & Daxter HD Collection, Epic Mickey 2, etc. etc.

#1 10 months ago
  2. diego-rbb-93

You know, I wont start over the “Oversaturated ports” topic, because is true, I cant lie.

But I must recognised I love these re-editions and I would be really happy if Third Parties get on board. I really miss a DMC Hd Collection on hands, Hitman, Silent Hill and specially seeing Square enix bringing Kingdom Hearts, I still dont get why they brought FFX to Vita and not KH 1.5 or 2.5.

Hope in time Shadow of Colossus and Ico get into the equation.

@1 Legendary, worst face of the coin. You know I swear myself that if J&D Hd Collection finally made to Vita I would buy one? That for the moment didnt happened, for what I heard the game port its terrible on framerate and not modificable backrear touchpad controls.

PD. By the way, WTF happened with the ZOE HD Collection Vita Edition? No man from VG247 had been to ask Kojima about it?

#2 10 months ago
  3. Legendaryboss

@diego-rbb-93 Yeah it wasn’t a good port, which is why i expect no different this time. But there is a very slim chance they all could be good, one is bundled for a limited tims so i can’t expect a bad port out of Borderlands 2.

But wouldn’t be surprised.

#3 10 months ago
  4. Legendaryboss

@diego-rbb-93 Also ZOE HD collection for PS Vita is probably cancelled since no mention has been made since its announcement.

#4 10 months ago
  5. Gheritt White

All of a sudden my interest in purchasing a PS Vita has surpassed 0.1%!

#5 10 months ago