Age of Wonders 3 developer Triumph Studios has revealed the latest class for the title, and fittingly, it’s the Rogue Leader.
Rogues are “masters of stealth, manipulation and theft” and use charm, poison, assassinations, and the shadows to appease their subjects and manipulate rival leaders.
The class also makes use of two faces: one they wear in public, while the other is a “ruthless schemer behind closed doors,” directing malevolent forces.
Examples of Rogue Class Units include:
– Scoundrel – The dirt fighting henchmen of the Rogue with the ability to climb fortifications.
– Succubus – Corrupted seductress built at cities from one of the main races. Can convert units on the battlefield.
– Shadow Stalker – Incorporeal monster of elemental darkness. Has protection against physical weapons.
Rogue Skill Examples:
• Mass Battlefield Panic – Attempt to panic all enemy units on the battlefield. Units that were not Panicked are Hindered instead. Panicked units don’t obey orders and attempt to flee from enemies or escape the battlefield.
• Night Wish – The caster’s domain is shrouded in a sinister darkness and becomes unexplored for other players and all units suffer a vision range penalty.
• Rain of Poison Blades – Rains down armor piercing blades covered in poison.
• Plague of Brigands – Infiltrates the domain of a target enemy city with brigands that attack everything
The Rogue Class can be mixed with any of the six races and can be further augmented using specializations leading to additional magical skills.
Check out the trailer below.
Originally slated for a fall 2013 release, the game was delayed in order to focus on the overall quality of the title, and will now be released sometime during March 2014.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.