Ryse: Son of Rome videos delve into story, moral anecdote of legend

Thursday, 17th October 2013 17:01 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Ryse: Son of Rome has a couple new videos available over on Gamespot. We won’t embed those here, so you will have to click the link to watch. One details a bit of the game’s story, telling why Marius Titus became such a vengeful man while the other tells the story of Damocles, a figure featured in a legendary moral anecdote called “the Sword of Damocles”. The latter is toldf through animation. Ryse is a Microsoft-published Xbox One launch title due in November.

1. Citrus raptor

Good graphics and epic setpieces are more or less what I wan’t from a release game. Looking forward to it.

#1 11 months ago
  2. _LarZen_

You got my attention again CryTek….

#2 11 months ago
  3. Erthazus

So far it is the best looking title on consoles. It’s a shame it is in 900p though.

#3 11 months ago
  4. traumadisaster

Its almost not fair, intended to not buy xbox on release since im so into pc & rome 2 but they pulled the Rome card. Such a sucker for anything roman or star wars. I will try to resist, but release weekend sittin down after kids in bed drink a beer and “I wont be denied!” mode will kick in. Will go fill my pre order at best buy and get Ryse, I know myself to well. Good for you bill you got me.

#4 11 months ago
  5. UuBuU

@3 If this is the best looking title on consoles then that just sums up how terrible the launch titles really are. I wouldn’t play this piece of cinematic crap if someone gave it to me for free.

#5 11 months ago
  6. Erthazus

@5, Gameplay wise it’s probably shit. Yes.

but it is a good looking thing. High res textures, top-notch animation, great lighting effects, probably direct X11 at some point. Great looking shadows, lot’s of enemies on screen and so on and on. soft filters, Anti Aliasing is nice.

Cryengine is very impressive thing. It’s just a shame that Crytek Frankfurt making shitty games for Microsoft. They don’t deserve that.

#6 11 months ago
  7. fearmonkey

That Article was written in a way that sounds like the interviewer isn’t all that impressed with what Ryse is trying to be. The game is a violent melee type with hopefully a deep story, but the interviewer comes across as having a distaste for that sort of thing. The wording in the article comes across with that uppity snooty style that I find most lacking and not at all endearing (see what I did there).

The game looks lovely but the more I look at it, the more I realize it looks like Crysis 3 rome, and thats not necessarily a bad thing. It’s a pretty game and I love history games, if I was getting an Xbox One this would be my must get title. I will be getting one for Halo by next year so I’ll get this cheap when I finally get one.

I wonder if this game will ever make it to PC..I imagine not for at least a year but Alan Wake was an exclusive and it made it, so who knows.

#7 11 months ago
  8. bradk825

Ryse is becoming one of the ones I’m really looking forward to. It was originally going to be a “play it for cheap later on” title for me, but I have had it pre-ordered for about a month now.

The co-op has some similarities to Mass Effect 3 which was highly addictive for me, the visuals are outstanding, and as I’ve learned from reviews of people who have played the most recent available version, it’s got gameplay that’s worth playing, not the QTE fest you saw at E3.

#8 11 months ago
  9. DreadSabot

Easily one of my most anticipated launch games. Story should be good as the digital comics on the Ryse sight are top quality and interesting and the gore and detail are just sweet. I hope it has a nice long campaign.

The multiplayer mode looks like it going to be a lot of fun to master as well.

#9 11 months ago
  10. Doppleganger

@5 ? You’re probably a SONY boy arnt ya? Ive said it before that Sony fan boys are the most ignorant people I ever seen and this just backs it up. Sony is actually one of the WORST companies to only to show cinematic trailers of a video for their games. Of every single playstation commercial I saw in my life I never ever saw actually gameplay in there videos. I understand theres no good games to talk about for PS4 but keep your nonsense on your fanboy topics.
    Plus maybe Microsoft is learning off them as when I played Playstation triple A titles I seen nothing but button sequence and cinematic. LOL

#10 11 months ago