The Last of Us DLC news drops tomorrow, alternate ending video released

Thursday, 26th September 2013 18:47 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The Last of Us DLC news is expected to drop tomorrow, Sony has announced, and to celebrate, the firm has released a video showing an alternate ending to Naughty Dog’s latest. Watch it below. Obviously, if you have yet to play the game you may wish to stop right here and move along elsewhere. Granted, it’s a “musical” ending. Still.

1. Mike W

The ending to the last of us was perfect.

#1 10 months ago
  2. Stephany Nunneley

@1 My whole take away was “mankind is doomed.” Dunno how anyone else felt, that was just how I saw it.

#2 10 months ago
  3. Talkar

So awesome x)

#3 10 months ago
  4. Mike W

Really? My take from the ending was that Ellie knew that Joel was lying about the whole Marlene and cure thing. But she love Joel so much that she accepted his word, because she knew he loved her too.

At least that’s what I got from it. We already knew the world was doomed, when Joel decided to save her.

#4 10 months ago
  5. jwdonnel

I don’t care who you are, this alternate ending is hilarious. I would rate the Last of Us in my top 5 favorite games of all time. Sure the game play wasn’t anything to write home about, but the story and how it sticks with you is something that no other video game or movie has ever done. Props to Naughty Dog for writing/making one hell of a game.

#5 10 months ago
  6. MFBB

Hehe they should have included the musical ending in the game as something you can unlock (or with a cheat code etc).

Would have been hilarious…they suddenly start to sing.

#6 10 months ago
  7. Djoenz

Story content or MP? I am not a fan of third person multiplayer. I adored this game.

#7 10 months ago
  8. Lengendaryboss

@Djoenz
    You will find out… https://twitter.com/yosp/status/355401842911485952

#8 10 months ago
  9. Stephany Nunneley

@4 That is what I meant by mankind being doomed, but didn’t want to reveal the ending to anyone just in case, ya know. :D

#9 10 months ago
  10. Mike W

Oops :/

Sorry community :( they shouldn’t be in this thread anyway……right?

Anyway I’m sorry peeps… :(

#10 10 months ago
  11. Lv01

@4 +1. thats what i took from it too.

and what an ending it was..! excited to hear what the DLC might be…

#11 10 months ago