Carmageddon: Reincarnation aiming for Steam early access in Q1 2014

Thursday, 26th September 2013 11:22 GMT By Dave Owen

Stainless Games has announced that Carmageddon: Reincarnation will launch as an early access title on Steam early in 2014. This will release with a number of unspecified cars, levels, and game modes, which will be supplemented via updates in the following months.

All Kickstarter and Paypal backers who pledged $15 or more toward the game will get the standard game package bundle for free. At some point this will be followed by a full package bringing together all the DLC and other material.

Outside of Steam, Carmageddon: Reincarnation is coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2014. There will also be Mac and Linux versions.

Thanks, Eurogamer.

1. VibraniumSpork

Obligatory: http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/151/628/kitty-says-fuck-the-police-4921.gif

Seriously though, “Yay!” for this. I’m still a little sceptical of reboots in general but this one was way overdue. Total Daily Mail-bait game though.

#1 1 year ago
  2. SplatteredHouse

I’m not sure overdue’s a fair assessment, outside of perhaps the last time we saw an endorsed Carma released. The dev team at Stainless, via carmageddon.com, have been doing well at keeping fans and backers abreast of the latest developments, and their community management has been sound. It’ll be great to see Reincarnation up and running!

#2 1 year ago
  3. The_Red

I don’t know. The whole project has been silent for too long. I know there were some early shots but it’s been more than a year after Kickstarter program and we sill haven’t seen a single gameplay clip or something that shows how the new Carmageddon game might bring the series back to its roots (original, not the disappointing sequels).

#3 1 year ago
  4. bradk825

A new Carmegeddon would be a lot of fun.

#4 1 year ago
  5. DSB

I threw everything I had in my wallet at that Kickstarter :P

@3 Are you a backer? They’ve been doing very regular updates on the private backer-site, and I’m pretty sure they publish most of those publicly on the Kickstarter site after a short while.

Yup, most of it is here:

Alpha gameplay:

#5 1 year ago
  6. TheWulf

Oh, the Carma reboot is still happening? I’d forgotten about that and worried it had fallen into the aether.

All I can say is that I hope it retains the pinball power-up because that was genuinely the best thing ever.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Hcw87

Didn’t you hate violent games with a passion?

#7 1 year ago
  8. The_Red

Sadly I’m not a backer but thank you for the link. I had seen a bit on KS site. Don’t know how I could have missed out the gameplay vid which feels too much like Carma 2.

Guess I just want to play Carma 1 :)

#8 1 year ago