Tue, Sep 03, 2013 | 16:23 BST
Xbox One getting ESPN, NFL – Xbox 360 gets NFL Fantasy Football today
Microsoft is partnering with the sports industry to deliver content across Xbox, Surface and Windows devices by deals with the NFL, Sideline App, Fantasy Football and a renewed contract with ESPN.
Here’s the list of content:
The NFL on Xbox One
- A personalized destination. Tailor your experience for your team from the best content the NFL has to offer, including NFL.com, NFL Network and NFL RedZone.
- NFL.com Fantasy Football. Xbox is the best place to track your NFL.com Fantasy Football team, and Xbox One delivers an integrated experience so you are up to date on all the analysis, highlights, news, stats, scores and standings.
- A new way to experience live TV. Xbox One reimagines the way you experience live TV. With the Snap feature, you can watch live games and track your fantasy team, or the latest scores and stats, at the same time.
- Connected. Sports are best when fan-to-fan heckling can commence. The NFL on Xbox One will connect fans through Skype, curated Twitter feeds and NFL.com Fantasy Football, ensuring that no win or loss is left unmentioned.
- The NFL on Xbox One will be available in November 2013.
The NFL on Xbox One requires advanced TV hardware, broadband Internet, Xbox Live Gold membership and an account on NFL.com. Additional subscriptions and/or requirements apply for some features, including NFL Red Zone.
ESPN on Xbox One
- Favorites. Deeper personalization with your ESPN.com account means you can customize your ESPN experience to the teams and sports you care about most.
- Scores. Personalized scores and stats work with Snap or full-screen mode.
- ESPN on Xbox One will be available in November 2013.
Advanced TV hardware, broadband Internet and Xbox Live Gold membership required. Live access to ESPN networks through WatchESPN requires a video subscription from an affiliated service provider. Certain other restrictions apply.
NFL.com Fantasy Football on Xbox 360, Windows Phone 8, W8.
- Your fantasy highlights. We know your NFL.com Fantasy Football team is serious business, and to perform your best the analysis and news has to be intuitive and easy to find.
- Xbox 360 brings together the highlights and analysis for your NFL.com Fantasy Football team into one, easy-to-access place – your TV – to make sure that you don’t miss a thing.
- Fantasy league tracking. The Xbox 360 app provides real-time fantasy stats, scores, matchup updates and league standings for up to six of your NFL.com fantasy leagues.
- NFL.com Fantasy Football on Xbox 360 will be available starting September 3.
- Available today on Windows 8 and as an app on Windows Phone 8.
NFL.com Fantasy Football on Xbox 360 requires broadband Internet, Xbox Live Gold Membership and an account with NFL.com. Additional requirements apply for some features.
The NFL on Surface and Windows: Surface is on the sidelines with the NFL to help protect your favorite players, and in your living room to keep you connected to the latest game stats, social networks, email and messaging. Surface tablets will not only be in the hands of medical staff, officials and the NFL staff this season, but you will also see Surface branding included on the instant replay hoods and communication carts at every game. In addition, NFL.com Fantasy Football apps will be available for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 so fans can track their fantasy teams on the go.
- X2. Concussion injuries are taken very seriously by the NFL doctors and players. The season is started by taking a baseline evaluation of each player, and, as injuries occur on the field, the X2 app for Surface helps doctors assess the level of injury.
- Players can answer a series of questions immediately after an injury takes place and then again later to determine if it is safe for the player to take the field.