Flashback trailer hypes for next week’s launch

Thursday, 15th August 2013 00:10 GMT By Brenna Hillier

The tagline for this Flashback trailer is “Do you remember?”, which is quite clever, because yes, I really do, and ha ha, I see what you did there.

Flashback is a remake of the 1992 original by VectorCell, which is a studio led by the game’s original designer, former Delphine Software lead Paul Cuisset, and owned by Lexis Numérique.

If you missed the original, or weren’t yet alive, Flashback is a side-scrolling platform adventure which a sci-fi plot. It was rad in 1992 and having played a preview build a few months back I strongly suspect it’s rad now. It hits Xbox 360 as part of Xbox Live’s Summer of Arcade on August 21, and is expected on PC and PlayStation 3 shortly thereafter.

1. MrWaffles

I played flashback back when I didn’t understand the game at all and just died in many, many, frustrating ways.

That being said, the game’s aesthetics were top notch, and the world just seemed to cohesive. There was no question in your mind this could all exist (even the pink-gooey-ceiling-crawlers).

Hopefully the remake will make it part of this gen’s must-haves.

P.S: Will this include the original?

#1 1 year ago
  2. TheWulf

This was one of those games I completed way back when because the story was oddly enthralling to my younger mind, and the aesthetics were top notch for the era. It was really a legend in and of its time, and I’m quite looking forward to this remake.

Shame about Fade to Black, really. But who knows? If this does well then someone might decide that Fade to Black needs to be done properly. Maybe. I can dream.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Ireland Michael

The original game’s aesthetic was great because of its simplistic colour scheme and sharp detail.

This looks bland and boring in comparison.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Osric

Hahaha, that first line on the report made my day.

But hey, looks interesting at least… nevertheless, developers need to get some more imagination mana for main character modelling. I would make a great main character, you know?

#4 1 year ago
  5. Gheritt White

Can’t wait! D1P!!

#5 1 year ago
  6. TheWulf

I can’t say you’re wrong, entirely. I’m holding out hope that it’ll actually be better than the trailers are making it look, though, because some of the original jungle pictures of the remake looked very good.

*shrug.*