Ultra Street Fighter 4 coming to retail and as SSF4 DLC

Sunday, 14th July 2013 23:18 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Capcom used Evo 2013 as a platform to announce a new version of Street Fighter 4, adding new characters, stages, and other bonus content.

The new revision, Ultra Street Fighter 4, is headed to retail for $40 as a standalone purchase, as well as a $15 DLC upgrade to the existing PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions. It will also release in Japanese arcades with NESiCa support.

The update adds five new characters – Hugo, Rolento, Elena, Poison and a “mystery character” who has never appeared in a Street Fighter game before.

Existing characters will be rebalanced, as well; Capcom Unity has some detail on that for hardcore fighter fans.

It also includes six new stages, and all costume DLC to date – that alone will cost you $40 as individual purchases.

Expect Ultra Street Fighter 4 in early 2014.

1. Sylrissa

I heard rumors about this, but thought it was a joke, I’ve lost track how many SF4 versions has Capcom released at retail now?.

#1 9 months ago
  2. TheDuckPortal

Good for people who havent already bought the game.
    Embarrassing for Capcom.
    So sick of there ‘revisions’ and ‘special editions’ that add 5 characters that will go unremembered…. Do they really think this warrants a whole new retail release and not just a downloadable content purchase?

#2 9 months ago
  3. Brenna Hillier

@2 you can buy it as DLC.

$15 for five DLC characters is pretty cheap really – $3 each.

#3 9 months ago
  4. Ireland Michael

Oh shit. Rolento.

TAKE MY MONEY!

#4 9 months ago
  5. fengato

I don’t mind paying reasonable money for dlc, though it’s time for Capcom to move on from IV. Lots of people view it as the return of the 2D fighter – I see it as a visually ugly game with spongy feeling combat (I’ve crossed over to KOFXIII ). Now we know why Sven just retired.

#5 9 months ago
  6. DarkElfa

Evo’s reveal of it live just named it as Ultra Street Fighter 4.

#6 9 months ago
  7. RaisinBran

I’d rather this than a COD like release every year or two.

#7 9 months ago
  8. machy

KOF WTF!

#8 9 months ago
  9. Sylrissa

Ah okay there’s a $15 DLC option, that’s more reasonable, I just wasn’t going to shell 40 for yet another version of SF4

#9 9 months ago
  10. Ireland Michael

Yeah, Capcom usually get a lot of flak, but you can’t really complain about a game still getting updated four years on. I never expected more content after the Arcade Edition… and one of my favourite characters to boot.

OOH EMM GEE ROLENTO!

#10 9 months ago
  11. backup

I give PC gamers full permission to beg in capcom forums go go go
    how is GTA 5 begging going lol

#11 9 months ago
  12. Bowser

My plan is to wait until this is like twenty bucks, either used or new I don’t care, and then trade in my current SF4 copy.

#12 9 months ago
  13. Clupula

I’m excited about this. SSFIV is the best fighting game of this gen and anytime they want to add new characters, I will not complain.

#13 9 months ago
  14. Clupula

@3 – People really just need to complain about everything, don’t they?

#14 9 months ago
  15. Clupula

@9 – I feel the same way you do about retail revisions, but DLC, four years after release? That’s a damn good thing!

#15 9 months ago
  16. Gregor

@11 It’s already confirmed for PC, Braindead. I hope you die soon.

#16 9 months ago