GTA 5 ships on two Xbox 360 discs, 8GB install on both systems

Tuesday, 2nd July 2013 15:19 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Rockstar has released a Grand Theft Auto 5 and other than the things we already know about it, the firm since the game is the “largest and most ambitious game” its created, the game will “full advantage of every ounce of processing power available in the current generation of consoles.” In other words, the game will have installation requirements on both Xbox 360 and PS3.

According to Rockstar, for Xbox 360,the game will ship on two discs: Disc 1 will be used for a one-time mandatory install and Disc 2 will be used to play the game. After the install, players will be able to play the game and its online competent without any need to switch discs.

This initial install will require an Xbox 360 Hard Drive or an external 16GB USB flash drive with at least 8 GB of free space. The US must be USB 2.0 with a minimum 15mb/s read speed and formatted for Xbox 360 use.

A new USB flash drive is “recommended to ensure optimum performance,” it said.

For PS3, the game ships on one disc and will install content as soon as you insert the game. The install is roughly 8GB, and the game is playable as soon as the install is completes.

Game’s out September 17.

Thanks, AGB.

1. Cobra951

I wish they had made all multi-disc games this way. Now that memory sticks can be big enough, the error of making the hard drive optional is less glaring.

#1 10 months ago
  2. Moonwalker1982

Goddamnit, they also said a gameplay video is on its way. I am gonna try to resist that. It’s part of the thing, part of the experience and hype not to have seen a damn thing of a new GTA….for me that is.

#2 10 months ago
  3. spankyspeedster

This game cannot come soon enough, GTA is the only reason I have a 360.

#3 10 months ago
  4. Pytox

ok i am going for ps3 version now lol

#4 10 months ago
  5. Lengendaryboss

Me too, only because its my only choice ATM.

#5 10 months ago
  6. For Blood

#6 10 months ago
  7. For Blood

@Stephany

Can you edit the first few sentences?

#7 10 months ago
  8. Lengendaryboss

Wow did not notice that. Wheres the please or thank you?

#8 10 months ago
  9. For Blood

I don’t know if you are from America or not, but those words are not in our vocabulary.

#9 10 months ago
  10. Lengendaryboss

UK. I meant i glanced over the main points i didn’t notice the errors and even if i did i would read it as i would normally read it.

#10 10 months ago
  11. For Blood

It is my curse to read and notice errors. That is a big reason why I avoid Youtube comments.

#11 10 months ago
  12. CyberMarco

@11 Grammar Nazi someone? :P

#12 10 months ago
  13. mistermogul

GTA 5 can’t come soon enough. I just hope it has more soul than GTA4. Something about that game was off with me even though it was amazing in many ways…

#13 10 months ago
  14. Keivz

“will take full advantage of every ounce of processing power available in the current generation of consoles.” I get all tingly when I hear this. GTA IV is my favorite videogame of all time (yeah, I said it) so I’m extra hyped for this. I’ll wait for a PC version though.

#14 10 months ago
  15. Moonwalker1982

Really? Or just joking? If that’s the only reason to choose the PS3 version…that’s just stupid. You install disc 1 and then you never need disc 1 again. So basically it’s nothing different from PS3. Oh..you have to switch just once and then never again. Big deal. :)

#15 10 months ago
  16. Sadismek

@13 I think GTA4 had/has a lot of soul. What it actually missed was fun.

#16 10 months ago
  17. wildBoar

Gotta love how Microsoft will have to pay royalties or whatever to Sony now for using Bluray Players themselves. Cell was shit, but Bluray really turned out to be the future after all..

#17 10 months ago
  18. silverstorm

Gameplay video on the way to they say. I will try not to watch it but I know I will fail.

#18 10 months ago
  19. Lengendaryboss

Not just Sony but https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray_Disc_Founders

#19 10 months ago
  20. JimFear-666

ahumm… are you sure they will pay royalities to sony? Last time i heard about blu-ray they were more than 1 company who own right for blu-ray.

#20 10 months ago
  21. SlayerGT

Curious to see if there are visual disparities between PS3 and 360 like RDR.

#21 10 months ago
  22. Silent Killer01

@19 +9000

#22 10 months ago
  23. xxJPRACERxx

I’m getting it for the 360 and just forget multi-player (don’t have Live Gold). The RAGE engine just work best on the 360. And I prefer to have everything installed, so I’ll install both discs.

#23 10 months ago