PES 2014 will not be released on PS4, Xbox One, 3DS or Vita, says Konami

Tuesday, 4th June 2013 17:02 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

PES 2014 will not be released on PS4 or Xbox One, nor will it arrive on 3DS or Vita, according to Konami.

This is according to PES Europe’s community manager Adam Bhatti, speaking on Twitter.

“Not in the business for high-res next-gen ports,” he wrote. “We can’t and shouldn’t do that. Bad habit etc. The fact we’re not on PS4 or Xbox One with PES 2014 is simple: we can’t and shouldn’t be just using higher quality textures etc should be new.

“In the past people accused us of being lazy. We’re adamant of not making the same mistakes, and making sure we create amazing football games. It’s hardly amazing making the next-gen version prettier. We shouldn’t have that mentality, and you shouldn’t expect that. Aim higher.

“I think it’s important to remember our biggest markets, where we are number one [Latin America and Asia] won’t shift to next-gen as quick as Europe. We can’t just leave our most passion fans behind. Besides, the quality of the current version is high enough.”

“I’m a gamer like you, [and] can’t wait for next-gen, so I feel your pain. But once u see PES 2014 in action, that pain will disappear. It’s stunning.”

A PSP version is in the works due to the “demand for it” and a “very small team” is working on it. The reason it is not coming to Vita is due to the install base not being “great,” and since “no one bought” the 3DS version of PES 2013, it will miss out as well.

PES 2014 will will be releases on PC, PSP, PS3, and Xbox 360 in 2013.

Thanks, Eurogamer.

1. wamp

what’s the point of the push for Fox Engine then?

#1 11 months ago
  2. G1GAHURTZ

LOL! Looks like someone got dissed on the dev kit front…

#2 11 months ago
  3. viralshag

Well, we’ll see how FIFA plays on the next gen and then see how that attitude pays off.

The problem is, for me at least, that PES has been lagging in terms of the gameplay for a while now so them getting that up to scratch now is a little late.

FIFA can have its ups and downs in terms of gameplay but generally it plays great. Tweaking and refining the gameplay while improving the looks is what I expect and to be honest, what they talked about in the other article all sounds like stuff you find in FIFA already.

I’m happy to see what a demo is like though and still consider getting this, like I do every time a new PES launches.

#3 11 months ago
  4. Mjorh

They’re afraid of “lookin shit on next-gen” thing !
    FIFA is so better than PES undoubtedly in every possible angle n aspect.

#4 11 months ago
  5. grizzlycake

The first (and mostly second too) sports game on a new console suck. If you look at the first FIFA for Xbox 360 for example..

#5 11 months ago
  6. spazman

corporate words in all the right places. They’re not getting my money this current gen, but if they want my money next gen I’ll gladly give it to them, just give me a first person playing field. Let me play this game for real, and not through the eyes of a cameraman.

#6 11 months ago
  7. Fin

A multiplatform game not coming to Wii U doesn’t deserve a mention these days eh? ;)

My god, first person football would be awful. Seriously.

#7 11 months ago
  8. ps3fanboy

yet another game not coming to the wii-utanic.. i guess the nintyfanboys will just have to wait for the mario arcade kid football game on rails LMAO!!!

#8 11 months ago
  9. Lengendaryboss

@PS3fanboy
    Are we Missing the fact it ain’t coming to PS Vita And PS4, don’t gloat. Actually i don’t see Wii, DS or Wii U mentioned.

My point: Well i admire Konami’s approach to the development of the PES series but sadly it is not as popular and profitable as FIFA, personally i don’t like football games, i don’t mind watching it but gaming is a different story.

#9 11 months ago
  10. melonbuster1

No one cares.. oh god did the world just end?? Nope. . You don’t need to say we aren’t doing a version. . Just don’t.. you don’t have the cash to gamble. . We understand. . Just say EA Will sell more so we will pull a Nintendo ( no show for e3 ) and won’t even try.. lol. I tell my kids try the hardest you can even if the odds seem overwhelming. . David beat Goliath by trying not rolling over and taking it.. loser mentality

#10 11 months ago
  11. MadFingerz

I remember playing PES 2 on the PS2 and being completely amazed by both graphics and gameplay. After the flop that was the transition to PS3, I think this is a good strategy. I won’t expect anything less than great from the next-gen PES.

#11 11 months ago
  12. JGMR

Konami has always been the best (since 1994; International Superstar Soccer), and will always be. Not only because of the game itself, but also because of the ones creating it. F@ck the insatiable corporate octopus called EA!

#12 11 months ago