Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 gets a new gameplay screen

Friday, 9th November 2012 13:20 GMT By Dave Cook

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 has received a new gameplay screen courtesy of the ever-teasing David Cox, director of the project at Konami. Cox has photographed a screen running the game, and has stuck the pic up on Twitter. See it full size below.

This is the second time Cox has done this. Check out his first Lords of Shadow 2 photo here.

Thanks AGB.

1. Mike W

Yea that’s great and all, but I will like to see some actual gameplay. Love the first one, by the way.

2. Night Hunter

Come on, just give us a trailer already …

3. Dark

I hope to see a gameplay trailer soon , can’t wait!

4. Dave Cook

Most anticipated game of 2013 so far for me.

Yep, I’m odd.

5. monkeygourmet

Really looking forward to this, although, there’s a few things I hope they’ve sorted out / changed for the sequel:

Frame rate : I found the framerate awful on the 360 version (I even installed it to the HD with no noticable change.)

After playing Dante’s Inferno, God of War I found the huge drops really spoiled the gameplay and graphics for me.

Too long : A strange complaint maybe, but I just found the first game far too long. They could have happily swiped a quarter off the length.

Combat : I found there were far too many enemies with ‘cheap’ attacks. Nearly every enemy had a really annoying knockdown move which pissed me off a bit.

Anyway, still can’t wait as Castlevania is easily my fav gaming series! :)

6. Telepathic.Geometry

Nothin’ strange about that at all Dave, the last one was a fucking gem. Mind you, I have a feeling Bioshock Infinite will be my most anticipated of 2013.

7. Dave Cook

@6 thanks man :)

The ending of the first Castlevania: LoS remains my favourite of the generation. It blew my mind.

8. SameeR_Fisher

@Dave you are not odd, unless I am odd as well :D

CLOS.2 is also my most anticipated game of 2013, CLOS.1 was just amazing, loved every moment of it, actually it was the first game I played it so much till I platinumed it, it was my first platinum trophy due to how much I loved it.

9. Telepathic.Geometry

Yeah, I didn’t see that coming either, and it has to mean that the next game will be awesome cakes! ^-^

10. Telepathic.Geometry

Fair play Fisher, that’s no trivial platinum. I’ll… I’ll get it some day…

11. Dave Cook

@8 & 9 nice platinum. Jesus :) yeah I loved the game, it had the right amount of nods to previous titles, the tone was right. Everything worked. I reckon they could up the stakes (awful pun) with the next one.

12. absolutezero

It also had Patrick Stewart sleep-walking through his lines, which made me constantly chuckle.

Its one of those games thats sitting in the pile. I think I just got a little bit of fatigue once I stuck the second disc in. It just kept on going on and on and on.

13. Greek God

i hope its as long as the first game

14. Dave Cook

@12 it does hit a wall I agree, but ramps up towards the end.

As a side note does anyone here watch American Dad? Patrick Stewart is a legend in that.

15. SameeR_Fisher

@Telepathic.Geometry: indeed it isn’t, but it is fun non the less.

16. fortelv999

Castlevania: LoS is a great game, i remember playing it for long hours and when i was just getting tired, they would change the landscape and i would just want to see a little more of that new zone of the world…

For me, it was a 20 – 30 hours game, at least 2, if not 3, single player campaigns this gen… It really renewed my faith in single player action adventure games…

Of course, i can’t wait for LoS 2

17. K-V-C

the first one was underated damm i loved the soundtrack in that game :)

18. polygem

castlevania is among my favourite games franchises. it´s in the top 5 if there has to be one.
    looking forward to this game and the 3ds version too…that said,(i might repeat myself though): the ds castlevania games are absoluteley amazing. true timeless gems, all of them, with the first one, dawn of sorrow being my favourite one. music gameplay artdesign it just has it all. what a loveley game this is.

19. hayden4

i don’t know if this photo taken from a CGI movie trailer, an ingame cutscene or an actual gameplay section. Whatever it is, it looks freaking awesome! i loved everything about LoS and looking forward to this.

20. osric90