Crysis 3 gameplay video show off the new Hunter Mode

Tuesday, 14th August 2012 17:29 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

New Crysis 3 gameplay was shown during EA’s gamescom press conference, showing off the shooter’s new Hunter Mode.

According to Crytek’s director of creative development, Rasmsus Hojengaard, Hunter Mode supports up to 16 players with two teams: a small group of cloaked Hunters and a larger group of CELL troopers.

Hunters must fight to take down all of the CELL troopers before the timer runs out, and each CELL unit killed will respawn as a cloaked Hunter.

Hojengaard enlisted the help of nine players to show a demo of the Hunter Mode gameplay. A trailer for the mode is posted below.

Another trailer showing the urban jungle setting of New York City.

Crysis 3 is out in February 2013.

1. digmouse

I have to say this one looks quite interesting! Also a nicely done trailer.

2. Pytox

Reminds me of The Hidden hl2 mod and that was fun :)

3. xino

hahah..kinda cool!

Predator style

4. freedoms_stain

This game mode will not go down well with todays online crowd.

5. Takeshi

@1: Agreed. Much more dynamic and challenging than just two players being Predators and then up against 14 AI-controlled Cell operatives. I wonder what I’ll like the most. Also, hopefully they will make an effort to properly make the game cheat-free. I would play Crysis 2 multiplayer if it wasn’t for cheaters. Reason being that I like U3 multiplayer so much because there’s hardly any cheating (PS3 vs. playing Crysis 2 on PC), and when someone kills me it’s only because that player was either lucky or simply better than me.

6. Panda

Looks boring. To admit it i was never a huge fan of the crysis universe. IMO Crysis is one of the most overrated games in history as graphics is not everything. Anyone else here with me?

7. HeavyD-Love

Crysis 3 just went on the must buy list. This game is looking better and better with each new trailer. Very impressed.

8. Takeshi

@6: Graphics are nice, but what the Crysis franchise provides for me is really great gameplay.

9. Kabby

O_O

10. Christopher Jack

@5, Read the article, the CELL troopers ain’t ai controlled. I was thinking the same thing as you though until I bothered to read.

11. TheBlackHole

Looks like a genuinely innovative way to approach competitive multiplayer.

Bravo Crytek

12. Noodlemanny

It looks like it might be a little difficult to balance well. I don’t think they really make a very reassuring trailer for it in this respect since it consists of the Cell getting obliterated. But eh, what do I know.