Apogee Software confirmed during a QuakeCon panel today a remake of Rise of the Triad is in the works from Duke Nukem 3D: Reloaded developer Interceptor Entertainment.
The game will maintain the storyline from the original 90’s PC shooter, with an updated 3D world with a full single-player campaign and multiplayer experience.
“We were seeking a strong, independent, hard-working development partner to herald the eagerly-anticipated return of ‘Rise of the Triad’,” said Terry Nagy, co-founder and CCO of Apogee. “We have indeed found that partner in Interceptor Entertainment.”
“Apogee has given us a great opportunity with Rise of the Triad,” said Interceptor CEO Frederik Schreiber. “We are all about fast-paced action and this was simply a perfect match for us as fans of old school shooters.”
Here’s some information on the revamp:
- Step into the shoes of the H.U.N.T. (High-Risk United Nations Taskforce) with five unique characters, each with different play styles.
- Blast through over 20 of levels of explosive single-player action.
- Unique multiplayer maps bring back all the fun and excitement of classic ROTT.
- The full arsenal of over-the top weapons is back, including the Flamewall, Firebomb, Split Missile, Drunk Missile and, of course, the Excalibat!
- The maniacal modes return, too, with God mode, Elasto mode, Mercury mode, Shrooms mode and everyone’s favorite, Dog mode!
- Build your own levels, mods and share them with Valve’s Steamworks.
- Offline single-player and multiplayer allows for instant action.
- Find tons of secrets, collectables, special events and hidden areas to explore.
- Get more than 100 achievements to add to your score, which is tracked on our worldwide leaderboard and stat-tracking system.
- ROTT is bloodier and more ludicrous than ever, with full character and enemy dismemberment.
- The iconic original soundtrack has been completely re-forged in the fires of heavy metal!
- Nostalgia abounds with the option to play with all the original sounds and music.
- Built on fully-licensed Unreal Engine 3 technology, ROTT will run on low-end PCs and push high-end PCs to their limits.
The Unreal Engine 3 developed titles is expected on Steam this year, complete with around 100 achievements and full Steamworks integration.