Wario and his Diamond City friends are back in action through Game & Wario (working title) according to an announcement from Nintendo.
The game features a collection of mini games that use only the Wii U GamePad controller while they maintain the original flair and character WarioWare’s microgames.
- To earn medals and various bonus items, players are encouraged to play a variety of games.
- Arrow – This single-player game transforms the GamePad into a hi-tech bow (shaped like Wario’s mustache, of course) and arrow designed to defeat swarming enemies. Players hold the GamePad vertically with one hand to aim at enemies on the TV screen, while using their other hand to pull the arrow on the GamePad’s touch screen.
- Ski – In this single-player game, competitors must lead the skier to the finish line by holding the GamePad vertically and tilting it left or right. The TV monitor will show the skier’s flashy moves to entertain the audience.
- Shutter – In this single-player game, the player must use the GamePad like a telephoto camera lens to take photos of criminals hidden in the town before the time runs out.
- Fruit – In this game for two to five players, the main player uses the GamePad to anonymously control one of many characters on the TV screen to quietly steal some fruit scattered all over the town. Once the thief completes the mission, the player passes the GamePad to the other players, who then must try to finger the suspect.
Additional games will be announced at a later time, and the party title allows up to five people to play at a time.
Screens are below.