“Controversial” Hitman trailer recipient of dev commentary

Thursday, 31st May 2012 20:06 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Love it or hate it, the Hitman: Absolution trailer released yesterday – full of sexy, female assassins in dom-gear disguised as nuns getting their asses handed to them – caused quite a stir on the Internet. Today, just to give you a bit of added color, we’ve posted the video again but this time, it includes commentary from producer Luke Valentine. Watch it below. Game’s out on November 20 worldwide for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.

1. KAP

My fucking god, REALLY????!!!!

Keza MacDonald I thought was a twat enough with her ridiculous rant.
    Look if it were priests getting there arse kicked no one would bat an eyelid.

I honestly think this trailer was all kinds of awesome!

2. TheWulf

Amusing.

Though they don’t really do a good job of convincing me that their painfully obvious “SEX SELLS YOU GAIZ!” approach was actually valid in any conceivable way.

Show me any, ANY material which centres around overly sexualised male priests, and I’d stand with you. That you can’t is the problem, which went a bit over your head.

Also amusing.

To be frank, I’d love to see how men would react to scantily clad, muscled priests prancing around before getting murdered. There’d be a fucking riot about it. But yeah, it’s okay if it’s nuns.

3. Lord Gremlin

Well, I like the trailer. Western audience have too much shit in their heads.
    What’s the bloody controversial about it? What, rogue assassins can’t be female?

4. TheWulf

It’s that they’re obviously used as sex objects.

Point.

—> WHOOOSH! —>

Your head.

It’s not that they’re female or assassins.

But hey, women aren’t allowed to be offended by seeing their gender used as sex objects for you average, straight types. Am I right?

5. Moonwalker1982

While i liked the trailer and i can’t hate on attractive females, in this case nuns,lol. It doesn’t have much to do with Hitman, it’s also hard to take it serious when you see them strutting to the hotel, throwing away their coats and out of nowhere agent 47 appearing and killing them.

6. Freek

It’s just so blatent. “Hey you’re a guy, you like sexy T&A, right? here’s a whole bunch of it, now you like this game, right?”.
    No, not really. I don’t apriciate your sad atempt to try to manipulate me. It’s the videogame version of the reply girl. “Here’s some boobs, click me”.
    No thanks.

Now if this was Saints Row 4, it would make sense. That campy over the top style works and it would be funny.
    But Hitman is a seriouse stealth game, this trailer has nothing to do with that.
    The whole thing is just sooooo cynical, soooo pandering and as a result: really fucking stupid.

7. DSB

@4 The fact that they apparently have a guy doing it for them right now, says something as well.

What would women do if they didn’t have an army of knights in shining armor to be demonstrably offended on their behalf, eh?

I’m guessing most would shrug and carry on with their day.

8. The_Red

Now everyone is a caring, PC gamer, right? CHILL OUT people.

They wanted to promote their new game. They made a video featuring sexy assassins and that’s it. It’s a freaking trailer that might or might not have anything to do with actual game (Hello Dead Island trailer!).
    If a trailer is good and well made, I say enjoy it. This was a nice trailer and there is nothing wrong with that, its sexy assassin nuns or 47′s brutal methods. Fucking hell.

9. KAP

You forgetting this is a bleeding videogame right?
    The same game where 47 goes into strip clubs and kills everyone in the room.
    The same game where hekills pedophiles etc.
    Its meant for shock-fucking-value. The fact you state your ridiculious opinion means IO did there job right I guess so carry on.
    We follow the same media that advertises cheerleaders in skimpy outfits killing zombies while shouting lines about her flang and you want to talk about missing the point?

The point I’m trying to make is that is it really worth the who-ha!?
    Lara Croft was obviously used as a sex object in many ways but thats ok because shes inpowering right?
    It was a CGI trailer of an assassin kicking the shit out of the notion of having a multiplayer to begin with!

Hey when you try to clap your hands rite, do you miss and hug yourself? No seriously?

10. Yoshi

I find this trailer and game offensive… it shows a man constantly wearing a suit which clearly shows a wrong representation of males always wearing a suit and never get the poor thing dry cleaned :’(

11. xino

the trailer was cool
    but I dislike the fact that the women dressed as a sexual skank which was not needed:/

i mean dressed in Nun which is kinda offensive is alright, but going to skank dress was too much.

i like the fighting and stuff, pretty cool

12. The_Red

I also took offense in behalf of all behind the head barcodes. Seriously, they obstructed that iconic thing in the trailer. I demand explanation and dev commentary ASAP!
    Seriously though, loved the trailer and can’t wait for this game.

13. lkm

TheWulf@ god!! this game rated for M+ if you can’t handle it don’t watch it… stop crying like a little sissy.

14. absolutezero

All this trailer did was further confirm my suspicions that IO have completely forgotten what made Hitman, Hitman.

15. DSB

So, you’re saying it wasn’t slutty nuns in latex?

16. absolutezero

Im pretty sure it was’nt sub-Rodriguez shite, yeah.

I’m really not trying to say that Hitman never had its garish silly moments but this, tied with everything else? In addition to Kane and Lunch?

Yeah something is up with IO right now.

17. TheBlackHole

Charlie Brooker pretty much summed it up for me…

“fuck the games industry if it thinks that works. Fuck it.”

“I think it’s the crushing lack of imagination that’s most offensive. It’s aimed squarely at morons.”

/truth

18. RaisinBran

Awesome trailer, but flawed. What took away from it was the fact that the nuns are wearing heels. Is it really prudent for a female assassin to wear heels? Don’t think so. She has to run and jump. They should have put them in boots without heels ;)

19. JimFear-666

i dont see whats wrong with this trailer… Maybe because im a man and not a fag. Also maybe the fact that ive got balls is for something i guess.