Avengers: Battle for Earth coming to Kinect, Wii U

Thursday, 10th May 2012 14:42 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Ubisoft’s announced Avengers: Battle for Earth. It’ll launch for Wii U and Kinect from Ubisoft Quebec.

The announcement came from the Twitter of Ubisoft Toronto.

“Ubisoft has announced a partnership with Marvel to release “Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth” which will be available for Kinect and Wii U,” it said.

“‘Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth’ will be developed by our friends at Ubisoft Quebec.”

Ubisoft’s yet to press release the announcement. This is the second Wii U announcement from the publisher this year after it confirmed Assassin’s Creed III would come to the next-gen Nintendo system.

Wii U is set to launch later this year for major territories.

1. The_Red

Wii U and Kinect!? Seriously? Are we to assume that Wii U is going to be another crap motion center like Kinect?

2. Froseidon

@2 – The hell did you think the Wii U was? Mind-control?

3. YoungZer0

By the time this game is released nobody will care about the Avengers anymore.

4. endgame

@3 Well I’m not sure about Kinect or Wii U. They might be awesome, or not. I’m not going to judge. But I think the people will still care about The Avengers. Why? 1. Because there will be more. and 2. Because it was f**king awesome! I <3 Joss Whedon. One of the best screen writers ever. Firefly was his thing by the way. And who doesn't love Firefly. Also some people like to watch a movie more than just one time. :)

5. Deacon

@4 – don’t forget Serenity!

6. The_Red

I was hoping that it would be a more traditional console but with iPad controls. This makes it sound another gimmicky and lame control center like Kinect and original Wii.

7. YoungZer0

@4: I don’t love Firefly. I loved Avengers though. But i’d love to play an Avengers game NOW. The longer you wait, the more sales you lose, because the hype will be gone by the time the game comes out.

8. manamana

@I loved Firefly. And Serenity. And Nathan Fillion. And … Uh, forget it.

9. StolenGlory

Doesn’t Marvel Ultimate Alliance (the first, not the second) qualify as an Avengers game?

It does at least for me when I pretend it is :)

10. Dark

Meh , i stopped caring about marvel after disney take over a long time ago.

11. YoungZer0

@9: Played it yesterday. Horrible game.